Funny Customer Encounters: Sign your name here....

Marne Vet

Was just commenting on another thread when I thought about some of the most ridiculous customer encounters I've ever had over the years. Probably one of my favorites is the story below. How a simple signature can make a persons brain implode.

Me: "Hello ma'am. (handing her the package) I just need a signature."

Girl: "OK, but who's it for?"

Me: "It's for (can't remember her name so we'll make something up for this thread) Sue Smith."

Girl: "That's my mom" (signs name)

Me: "What's your last name?"

Girl: " Smith. Did you want me to sign my name, or my moms name?"

Me: "Your name"

Girl: "Oh, I'm sorry, I signed my moms name. Can I sign again?"

Me: "Sure, here, you can sign again. Just sign your name" (gives her back the DIAD)

Girl: (signs again)

Me: (looks at signature, and it's IDENTICAL to the one she just signed) "Um, you signed the same name again?"

Girl: "I know. I have the same name as my mom"

Me: (thinking WTF?!) "So you have the same name as your mom, and you wanted to sign again?!"

Girl: "Yes because I signed my moms name first"

Me: "You signed it the same exact way though, 'Sue Smith', and you said you both have the same name. Why sign again? It makes no difference"

Girl: "Uh, yeah, because you told me I had to sign my name!"

Me: "But no matter who you sign as, the name is still the same. The signature will be identical. Don't you realize that? It doesn't matter because you have the same name! Signing it the same way with the same name again is pointless. Your name, your moms name, they're the SAME!"

Girl: (blank stare) "I don't understand. I signed my moms name first, and you said to sign MY name. I did that! I know we have the same name but I signed it for her first!"

Me: (blank stare now probably drooling from a momentary loss of IQ points) "Never mind. Thank you for signing as yourself this time"

These are the kind of people that vote. Unbelievable! Hahaha

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Was just commenting on another thread when I thought about some of the most ridiculous customer encounters I've ever had over the years. Probably one of my favorites is the story below. How a simple signature can make a persons brain implode.

Me: "It's for (can't remember her name so we'll make something up for this thread) Sue Smith."

Me: "Sure, here, you can sign again. Just sign your name" (gives her back the DIAD)

Me: (looks at signature, and it's IDENTICAL to the one she just signed) "Um, you signed the same name again?"

Me: (thinking WTF?!) "So you have the same name as your mom, and you wanted to sign again?!"

Me: "You signed it the same exact way though, 'Sue Smith', and you said you both have the same name. Why sign again? It makes no difference"

Me: "But no matter who you sign as, the name is still the same. The signature will be identical. Don't you realize that? It doesn't matter because you have the same name! Signing it the same way with the same name again is pointless. Your name, your moms name, they're the SAME!"

Girl: (blank stare) "I don't understand. I signed my moms name first, and you said to sign MY name. I did that! I know we have the same name but I signed it for her first!"

Me: (blank stare now probably drooling from a momentary loss of IQ points) "Never mind. Thank you for signing as yourself this time"

Why did this immediately make me think of the "Who's on first" Abbott and Costello routine?

Marne Vet

There's 20 seconds I'll never get back.

Don't worry, you'll run your lunch tomorrow and get it right back you ballon-knot. You should put me on your Ignore List. If you need help on how to properly do this, I would be glad to help. I wouldn't want you to screw-up something as simple as adding me to your Ignore List. It's not as difficult as DR'ing a package. lol burn

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

So the bleach went DEEP in her roots?

UPSGUY72

I love it when you give then the DIAD to sign and they act like they never have sign for a package before and say where do I sign and they point at the sig line on the screen. Then you go to there the next day with another package that needs to be signed for and they ask the same question....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I love it when you give then the DIAD to sign and they act like they never have sign for a package before and say where do I sign and they point at the sig line on the screen. Then you go to there the next day with another package that needs to be signed for and they ask the same question....
I love that I can not say a word to an 8 year just hand them the board and they know the drill.

Get someone over 30 though and it's like we are playing 20 questions.

Marne Vet

Same first name and last. I've never seen this. With dad's and their sons of course but women nope.

Seriously? I know a bunch of people. Most are Italian or Irish, but it's very common out-dis-a-way. I know two Italian girls that have both their mom, and grandmothers with the same name. It's the trifecta of Maria!

S

selfcancelsignal

These are the same jagamahoneys that turn the DIAD the wrong way to try & sign!