Funny FDX video shown on the national news.

purplesky

This FDX woman was just being lazy. She could have easily stepped into the truck and the dude would have handed her the packages.

The fact that she kind of celebrated and felt so good about throwing her customers property is what is so funny(sad) about this video.

It must be strange for her to have her last day at FDX shown in a video on the national news and on you tube.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
It must be strange for her to have her last day at FDX shown in a video on the national news and on you tube.

yep - she set the bar for the rest of us. We all must strive to top the antics of the previously-fired employee. I see the basis for a whole new reality TV series here.

fedupped

I would never throw pkgs the way she did. Just looking for trouble. The way they were floating and the number of pkgs being thrown at once indicates there wasnt much in them. Probably a bulk stop that puts a cd, document etc in a box and she sees them every day. Still wasnt very efficient. I assume it was her last stop because she couldnt have moved around much in the truck through that pile up. Obviously very frustrated worker. It looked like more work throwing them than stacking and sliding the stack etc. And if this isnt obvious to you, then you dont have a clue and must not work regularly with boxes. Carry on with the purple promise BS.

DontThrowPackages

The real problem is that corporate sets unrealistic productivity goals which creates these damaged pkg issues and unsafe working conditions. Both on road and off. Then corporate only does something when they are caught in the public eye. Many of us are telling you this is common company wide so maybe you should put down the kool aid and open your eyes.
Find a stick. Tie a string to end of the stick and at the end of the string add a carrot. With that stick, tape it to the top of a horses head. The horse will walk towards the carrot thinking its in reach but in reality he can't, by performing best practices, get it. And even if the horse is creative and rocks his head up and down to catch the carrot, the rider just raises his goals, I mean moves the carrot out farther. They say they want you to hit your numbers but when you find a "creative" way to, they raise them until they're out of reach and then blame you as if its something you did/or not doing.

TUT

Just like Ground. The bar gets lower every day.

But then again I've seen this 10 years ago from Express, since they have to break all their pallets down to scan, depending on the goods... tossing after scan could commence from there and it isn't regulated to a single person.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Check out the nice toss at 3:18.

At 2:20 in the video.

"Mr Smith, do you know you have an arrow
(fake laughter) in your FedEx ..."

Note: The arrow is facing backwards...just like FedEx. One step forward, five steps back. I have never before worked for a company that has actually created more work for itself in the name of "productivity", so I did learn something after all. How not to run a company.

Thanks FedEx!

And then at 9:15, "Every time there's a mistake, use it as a learning experience."

Fred, your business is older than I am, and I have been with FedEx (employee all the way, not a Vendor) for almost a decade. Learning experiences are for adolescents. Fire those incompetents that you surround yourself with and let's grow up already!

Sincerely,

Someone in Management who actually "Produces" something.

04Wyiel.jpg

fedupped

Not gonna happen, welcome to corporate America. Bounce around from do nothing board member fake jobs and complain about that $ 10 an hour girl shuffling leters for 5 hours.

..a decade..ouch, I'm going on 30 years. GET OUT!!!

purplesky

Check out the nice toss at 3:18.

Interesting that FDX left ground completely out of this news story? Did they even mention ground? They did discuss buying Kinkos and paying a billion too much.

You would think this would have been a good moment for FDX to promote the upcoming marriage of Express and ground?

Maybe they didnt want NBC to talk about the FDX ground contractor model issues? No overtime and no health benefits and no worker protections that the Express employees have.

The biggest story at FDX is FDX ground? Why wouldnt Fred S promote ground when given such a huge chance? This was just a fluffy TV commercial for FDX AND NOT A 60 MINUTES TYPE NEWS STORY.:wink2:

Ricochet1a

Interesting that FDX left ground completely out of this news story? Did they even mention ground? They did discuss buying Kinkos and paying a billion too much.

You would think this would have been a good moment for FDX to promote the upcoming marriage of Express and ground?

Maybe they didnt want NBC to talk about the FDX ground contractor model issues? No overtime and no health benefits and no worker protections that the Express employees have.

The biggest story at FDX is FDX ground? Why wouldnt Fred S promote it when given so a huge chance? This was just a fluffy TV commercial for FDX AND NOT A 60 MINUTES TYPE NEWS STORY.:wink2:

The networks know that if they place stories up that are critical of large corporations, that they'll lose advertising revenue from those corporations. So 'news programs' (Rock Center is NO news program), are very reluctant to do negative pieces on companies which provide the network with ad revenue - don't bite the hand that feeds you...

purplesky

The networks know that if they place stories up that are critical of large corporations, that they'll lose advertising revenue from those corporations. So 'news programs' (Rock Center is NO news program), are very reluctant to do negative pieces on companies which provide the network with ad revenue - don't bite the hand that feeds you...

Thats why I wish 60 minutes would do another story about FDX. 60 minutes could do a great story about the FDX ground contractor model. There is a great news story there that effects many people.

Ricochet1a

Thats why I wish 60 minutes would do another story about FDX. 60 minutes could do a great story about the FDX ground contractor model. There is a great news story there that effects many people.

Large corporations spend MILLIONS in building their brand. Any attempt to tarnish that brand is met with very real retaliation. There are people in the PR departments of large corporations who maintain contacts with news organizations, SOLELY to get out favorable stories about the company while doing whatever arm twisting is necessary if they hear of a negative story about to be put up - to make sure it NEVER airs.

Express is NOTORIOUS for contacting news organizations whenever an incident that involves FedEx occurs - to get the story toned down, to minimize the use of unfavorable video and if possible, to even have the editors 'pass' on airing the story. There is a very real quid pro quo that goes on, with the corporation often times offering to run ads (at slightly favorable rates), to persuade the news departments of televisions stations and networks, to 'go easy' on FedEx.

This is why this latest video was so costly to FedEx. It will cost them MILLIONS in public good will - all due to the actions of a single (and potentially two) FedEx employees. Since they couldn't get YouTube to 'spike' the video, they had to go into damage control mode.

The big mistake they made (if their public statement regarding the Express employee is to be believed), is in FIRING that employee immediately. BIG MISTAKE.

By firing this employee, they no longer have ANY CONTROL over her story. If she wants to, she can go out and really create a mess for FedEx and they'd be left doing even more damage control. This woman has her '15 minutes of fame' RIGHT NOW... FedEx should've kept her on payroll (paid admin suspension), and gave EXPLICIT instructions to KEEP HER MOUTH SHUT.

Then once her 15 minutes of fame ends (in about a month or so), THEN can her for unacceptable conduct.

FedEx is smart - so I (and others) are left wondering if they really have terminated her employment, or if they merely made that public statement in order to quash the public furor. Make no mistake, her 'career' with Express is over - it is all in the timing though. If FedEx is smart (and she too), she'll get an attorney, then between her attorney and FedEx they'll work out a deal where she'll get a 'severance package' with an iron clad non-disclosure agreement as part of it. FedEx could then claim publicly they 'fired her', and she would be paid off to keep her mouth shut and not make a statement to the contrary. There is more to this story than what is out there right now.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The "monitor tosser" was suspended but eventually terminated once public focus was off the story. I agree that there is major maneuvering going on behind the scenes.What we need now is a second video that shows the NYC event isn't an isolated incident.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The "monitor tosser" was suspended but eventually terminated once public focus was off the story. I agree that there is major maneuvering going on behind the scenes.What we need now is a second video that shows the NYC event isn't an isolated incident.
Yes we do. Then upper management can play PR whack a mole.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
I don't condone her behavior, (yes, stack them in the back, close the door and do a rearrange out of view) ... but I hope the person recording this, felt like a "hero" for getting someone fired. Wonder if his/her company "allows" this type of video recording? Then again, if it was a "competitor" they probably gave him/her a raise. Yesterday I watched the handlers (who by the way are NOT getting a raise) toss, throw and kick packages on the belt. The managers stood right there and watched ... didn't say "nada, nil, nothing!" Hypocrites to say the least.

arpadjs

Could be worse, at least FDX didn't break someones Taylor Guitar.... Gotta give credit to the band for 'handling' their customer dis-service.