Funny Helper Stories

ec1569

It was the last delivery of the x max season! All of December I reminded my helper to be safe, I handed him the package told him just to leave it inside a locked gate, he leaned on the gate to drop the package and he went face first to the floor with the whole gate! I went to help right away he was OK but I could not stop laughing. Still see him once in a while and we get a kick out of it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I had a college kid as a helper one year. For three days i had to hear him complain about how hard he was working. He took a delivery into an office building one night and came out happy and smiling, "Look what they gave me!" He is carrying a beer they had given him at a party inside, drinking it all the way back to the truck!

stoni24

On Monday my helper said "it's a good thing they keep the same numbers on houses so u know where the stops are". It took me a minute to figure out what he was saying...... Knew I was screwed

lateagain

We had a helper a few years ago that cut across someone's snow coved yard that contained a decorative pond that was iced over, and also snow covered. He found it, and found out that it was about waist deep. Better him than me!

2old2load

A buddy of mine was driver helping one winter and he had a delivery to a house that had a deck...The driver told him the owners had a rottweiler that usually, if outside, is on the deck. As they came to the stop no dog was there so he ran the package on to the deck where apparently the sick dog had been throwing up on.. the helper jumped on the deck slips on dog vomit and as he's going down throws the package on the customers roof. Lol I still laugh every time I think about it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
A buddy of mine was driver helping one winter and he had a delivery to a house that had a deck...The driver told him the owners had a rottweiler that usually, if outside, is on the deck. As they came to the stop no dog was there so he ran the package on to the deck where apparently the sick dog had been throwing up on.. the helper jumped on the deck slips on dog vomit and as he's going down throws the package on the customers roof. Lol I still laugh every time I think about it.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Ewwww....I hope that wasn't one of his first stops of the day....that'll be one smelly :censored2: helper by sunset...lol

ups1990

Helper shows up on our peak delivery day with only a bottle of water and a banana. Yeah, that'll hold you up for our longest day of the year. I was laughing as soon he walked up to the truck. He kept saying "what?" "What' so funny"
For the record, I hooked him up that day with liquids and food. This kid never had a dime in his pocket.

laffter

Helper shows up on our peak delivery day with only a bottle of water and a banana. Yeah, that'll hold you up for our longest day of the year. I was laughing as soon he walked up to the truck. He kept saying "what?" "What' so funny"
For the record, I hooked him up that day with liquids and food. This kid never had a dime in his pocket.

You can still work if you're hungry...

But, the single bottle of water (if average size) wasn't the best planned move he had made.

One of the drivers I work with,had a funny story. His helper had to go into the bathroom. So he ran into the bar,to use the bathroom. While the driver was waiting for him. He saw him run out the side door,and jump into a cab!.lmao

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You can still work if you're hungry...

But, the single bottle of water (if average size) wasn't the best planned move he had made.
It's like these new hires that were hired at the end of the summer. One guy was complaining last week that management isnt giving out bottled water anymore (summer's over)...and he hadn't brought a drink with him to work. I gave him one of my gatorades and told him...you don't ever expect ups to supply u with anything...lesson learned I hope... cause I'm not sharing next time!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
One of the drivers I work with,had a funny story. His helper had to go into the bathroom. So he ran into the bar,to use the bathroom. While the driver was waiting for him. He saw him run out the side door,and jump into a clinchab!.lmao
What a :censored2:...the job isn't that difficult :rofl: but i've heard a few stories too of helpers disappearing during lunch and never return...lol.

Ms.PacMan

I had an air driver help me one day so I wasn't paying any attention to the houses and he just disappeared while delivering to a house. I could not find him and couldn't figure out where he went for the life of me.

He pushed what he thought was the doorbell inside a garage but it was the garage door button and he locked himself in the garage then couldn't figure out where the button was in the dark. SMH

I had another driver as a helper one year and he tried to jump a picket fence and did a belly flop in fresh snow so it made kind of a puff of snow over him when he landed. I nearly peed myself laughing.

oldngray

nowhere special
I had an air driver help me one day so I wasn't paying any attention to the houses and he just disappeared while delivering to a house. I could not find him and couldn't figure out where he went for the life of me.

He pushed what he thought was the doorbell inside a garage but it was the garage door button and he locked himself in the garage then couldn't figure out where the button was in the dark. SMH

I had another driver as a helper one year and he tried to jump a picket fence and did a belly flop in fresh snow so it made kind of a puff of snow over him when he landed. I nearly peed myself laughing.

Some helpers really do get lost on the way back to the truck.

[quote="oldngray, post: 1419323, member: 45230"Some helpers really do get lost on the way back to the truck.[/quote]
That happened last year. I had to drive around In the dark,for almost an hour.

Trying to help another driver,find his helper.
We both called our sup and told him. He thought we was playing a prank on him.

shelf9000

During my first peak as a full time driver I met my helper out on road. As he walked up to the package car I got out and said "I was told to bring this truck out to meet my driver. Is that you?" he looked confused and told me he was a helper. I said "Well hell, I don't even have a drivers licence you should probably drive." I've never seen anyone so scared in my entire life.

I had the division manager as helper one time. he actually moved pretty good ,for a big guy.
We get to the first stop,I gave him the package.

He got back to the truck and said "well" how did I do?

I said not too bad ,except. You didnt use the handrail,knock on the door,and you went to the wrong house.
Other than that,you did good!

We both got a good laugh.

nayrsiem

I was delivering in a neighborhood and saw some kids throwing snowballs at cars. As I was driving up I saw them getting ready to pelt my truck too. So I slammed on the brakes and threw my door open to yell at them (really scared them good). Unfortunately, my helper wasn't wearing his seat belt and his head hit the windshield so hard we were both surprised neither broke. That was about 6 years ago. He still laughs about it every time I see him.