Funny Helper Stories

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I had the division manager as helper one time. he actually moved pretty good ,for a big guy.
We get to the first stop,I gave him the package.

He got back to the truck and said "well" how did I do?

I said not too bad ,except. You didnt use the handrail,knock on the door,and you went to the wrong house.
Other than that,you did good!

We both got a good laugh.
A DM helper? Taking precious time away from conference calls and donut eating? You'd need 3 jumpseats for his fat :censored2: in my building!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
One peak my regular helper took a sick day, and so I got my preloader, who was pretty sloppy on the load quality, misloads etc. He shows up, works o.k. for like 2 hours and I drop him off to do my pickups and for his lunch. He never came back. He never called and wouldn't answer his cell phone. He later quit UPS altogether and probably lives in his mom's basement now.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
He was giving his version of a fair days work for a fair days pay. You have no right to "fire" him. You should be kicked out of your local for doing this crap
His version of a fair days work for a fair days pay was not my version, was not UPS`s version and was not the unions version. Like I said, he was "strolling." I did not expect him to run. I did not expect him to walk fast. I did expect him to at least walk at a somewhat normal pace.

He was with UPS for about 6 years at the time. He knew he could get away with that pace as an air driver. I could get done faster, and did get done faster, without him.

I did not "fire" him, I left him for UPS to deal with.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Any driver that disposes of their helper before their allowed time is up (unless empty) should be fired for dishonesty. You were given help, and you need to use it. Disposing of that helper makes your day longer and your paycheck bigger.

Good luck at the hearing --- your local isn't going to argue the helper was moving to slow.
Sorry ChickenLegs, I got done faster without him. It would have been dishonest to keep him. By using him, it would have extended my day and cost UPS more money.

How many of you had a helper that was not going to cut it and you told your boss that you need someone different. If you had this guy and continued to use him, you should be fired for dishonesty. My job was not to use this helper, my job was to get the route done. A helper is supposed to speed you up. This guy slowed me down, so I left him. I don't care if UPS payed him or not.

Would you seriously keep a helper that slowed you down and kept you out until 9:00 PM instead of 7:00 PM? If you answer yes, you are the dishonest employee.