Funny or hurtful things a teacher has said to you.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Too old to remember the bad things (I'm sure there was some). I tend to ignore and forget negative things.

Do remember one of my teachers saying. "Children should to seen and not heard." I replied, "Oh, I thought that was obscene and absurd." She was my 10th grade Science teacher.

Got that look from her that I have learned to recognize so well.

Sammie

High school, senior year, last day, went with my best friend to say bye to our favorite teachers. Considered them all very stand up people. Got to our English teacher and with a gleam in his eye, his words were "Don't forget the birth control..." :surprised:

Not so much as what was said but what was done. In the third grade, Mrs.Kelly was an antique gargantuan beast with white hair, horn rimmed glasses and breath that would take the paint off your house, if she ever knew any kind words she never used them.
When we were in the reading circle, she hovered over each reader like a vulture set on her next meal of dead flesh. Without a smidgen of compassion, each mispronounced word, every pause was rewarded with a pinched ear lobe or a tug of the hair. One day, I had finally had enough of her abuse (I didn't even know the word at the time) and had to put a stop it the constant barrage of cruelty. When the she devil pulled my hair as she shrieked " YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT!", I slammed my book closed, threw it on the floor and used her moment of shock to make a break for the door outside of the barrack building our class tortured in. I ran all the way to a relatives house three blocks from the school for life saving refuge.

Cutting to the end result, the Wicked Witch of the North, South, East and West ( yeah boy she was the Queen of Witches) retired at the end of that year, just in time to keep someone from dumping a bucket of holy water over her.

It wasn't until many years later we realized that I had a mild reading disability that may have been repaired with proper instruction and patience. Granted I don't think dyslexia was even a word back then.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Not so much as what was said but what was done. In the third grade, Mrs.Kelly was an antique gargantuan beast with white hair, horn rimmed glasses and breath that would take the paint off your house, if she ever knew any kind words she never used them.
When we were in the reading circle, she hovered over each reader like a vulture set on her next meal of dead flesh. Without a smidgen of compassion, each mispronounced word, every pause was rewarded with a pinched ear lobe or a tug of the hair. One day, I had finally had enough of her abuse (I didn't even know the word at the time) and had to put a stop it the constant barrage of cruelty. When the she devil pulled my hair as she shrieked " YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT!", I slammed my book closed, threw it on the floor and used her moment of shock to make a break for the door outside of the barrack building our class tortured in. I ran all the way to a relatives house three blocks from the school for life saving refuge.

Cutting to the end result, the Wicked Witch of the North, South, East and West ( yeah boy she was the Queen of Witches) retired at the end of that year, just in time to keep someone from dumping a bucket of holy water over her.

It wasn't until many years later we realized that I had a mild reading disability that may have been repaired with proper instruction and patience. Granted I don't think dyslexia was even a word back then.
And she looked,.....LIKE THIS!!!:sick:
largemargewreckface.jpg

UPSERNOJ

I still remember to this day....My junior h.s. science teacher, Mrs. Gibbs gave me advice on how to apply my makeup. I used to use pinks and purples and she said "with those big beautiful brown eyes", you should be using earth tones. And to this day, I continue with the earth tones...

Thanks Mrs. Gibbs!