Funny or not-so-funny customer encounters!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by MaDBaLL, Jul 5, 2015.

1. MaDBaLL

MaDBaLL New Member

Obviously the best stories must stand out in your minds, whether you've just delivered your 1000th package or 1000000th package....

I love reading other drivers' stories.

2. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

The ones who think the driver is coming inside to disconnect all the dish network stuff so it can be returned.

3. clean hairy

The Customers who try to hand you a Post Office package.
    They argue it says UPS, you point out it says USPS, and they ask "Are you SURE it is not UPS?"

4. theslinger

theslinger Member

When you deliver a 55 inch T.V. to a resi and the customer expects you to set it up for them. Really???

5. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

Totally has this happen to me. Older lady, she had me convinced that I was going to hook it up. Lol.

6. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

When a young hot chick comes to the door wearing only an oversized t shirt and bends over to pick up the box

7. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Old women ordered a 60 inch TV then refused it when I wouldn't come inside to put it on the wall.

8. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

O wait, you said funny, not favorite, my bad sorry...............how about when the customer writes a hand written letter to you and tapes it on the door demanding you dr there signature required pkg, I find that quite humorous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Love sticking the info notice right on top of their note.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. 728ups

728ups offending people on the internet since 1995

Are you the UPS man or FEDEX? .......... as I drive up in a big brown truck with UPS on the side.I often dont know if people are being smart asses or if they are truly that stupid

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. idrivethetruck

idrivethetruck Slow & steady wins the race.

I just write "NO" in big block letters across their note and then leave another.

12. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Not a driver, but had a customer scream at me over the counter because we RTSed his package after 3 attempts and it sat on the postcard shelf for 7 days. He was out of town, but apparently I should have known that.

A couple months later I was talking to one of my professors and the jerk walks through the door. He remembered me, and I him. He was very quiet and it was awkward. I laughed the entire walk back to my car.

13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Judging by the number of competitor packages in my drop boxes I would say they are truly that stupid.

14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Be careful doing this.

The best reply is to do what indecision does----simply place our notice squarely over their letter.

15. werenotthepostoffice

werenotthepostoffice deep down inside I really do not care

When the secretary says"the copy paper goes down the hall,in the closet by the copier" "That's nice but I don't work here,you do!" 'Last name?"

16. werenotthepostoffice

werenotthepostoffice deep down inside I really do not care

Yup.Crazy people out there.A lady chased my truck one day,then called in saying"he tried to run me over"

17. clean hairy

When they sign the diad,we give them the box, and they ask for a receipt.
    Still have not figured that one out!