Future National agreements

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by bigrig, Jun 29, 2013.

1. bigrig

bigrig Member

Future negotiation need to be done by people who are fighting for our members not anything else including ones self interest. Ups pays top notch labor lawyers to draw up contracts to benefit them. Fight with fire dont go to battle with rocks when the oppositions have weapons. What iam trying to say is amateurs have no chance against professional negotiators. :biting:

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The Teamsters also has a team of lawyers, accountants and actuaries which they use during negotiations.

3. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Yeah like Hoffa. Did us a lot of good.

4. UpstateNYUPSer

I voted "yes" on both the national and supplement. The raises were acceptable and we kept our healthcare. There were no changes that negatively impacted us here in Upstate NY IMO.

5. 3 done 3 to go

6. 3 done 3 to go

Oops sorry for got to space

7. rudy5150

rudy5150 New Member

Dont you care about other ups teamsters? What if upstate NY is targeted in next contract? We are one union, always look out for the best interests of all your brothers and sisters!

8. UpstateNYUPSer

Yawn.

9. InsideUPS

InsideUPS Active Member

There is no doubt that UPS has much deeper pockets than the IBT. With deeper pockets comes better "results" (lawyers, accountants, actuaries). Just look at any professional athletic team.... Championships are most often won with money...... Politics the same way.......

10. TimeForChange

TimeForChange Active Member

So do you mean that when Hoffa & Co. pushed the 2002 dues increase through with the slogan, "A Nickle an Hour for Teamster Power", he was lying?

11. stink219

stink219 Well-Known Member

Hoffa really has zero input in our negotiations. He is a figure head. Upstate is correct. There are a lot of high caliber people involved.

12. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I know u really could careless but the union does kind of depend on a group working together.

There's no way we would the compensation package we have right now if previous generations had not stuck together.

13. balland chain

balland chain Member

Hoffa showed up in Charlotte many years ago.. I asked him what he was going to do about our low pension payments here.. 3K for 30 years 2K for 25 years.. He said I will increase your pension, just like a politician . Our pension is the same unless you work 35 years. Our healthcare is crappy at best, and way overpriced for what we get. He has done nothing for us in Charlotte since he has been in office . Basically,he sucks !

14. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

​He is elected ... he is a politician.

15. dirty moose

dirty moose Member

The reason our union is in the state it's in......

16. uber

uber Guest

Take off your brown lipstick and pantyhose, stop being self-serving and realize that the reason you have what you have is because of your union. Its about the best civilian job a guy like you could have lucked into back in the day.

17. UpstateNYUPSer

You have to wonder just how strong the union really is if one or two self-centered members can have this much of an impact.

Tough talk from a 30 day wonder who should be grateful for the job that he has.

18. uber

uber Guest

Don't throw stones, if you if live in a glass house.

19. UPS Preloader

UPS Preloader Active Member

30 day wonder? How so? He's been a member since 2009.

20. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Zag has been a steady contributing member since 2009 with about 20% of his posts in the last 3 months.