Future National agreements

bigrig

Future negotiation need to be done by people who are fighting for our members not anything else including ones self interest. Ups pays top notch labor lawyers to draw up contracts to benefit them. Fight with fire dont go to battle with rocks when the oppositions have weapons. What iam trying to say is amateurs have no chance against professional negotiators. :biting:

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I voted "yes" on both the national and supplement. The raises were acceptable and we kept our healthcare. There were no changes that negatively impacted us here in Upstate NY IMO.[/QUOT
I figured that. I voted No on both. I saw the sellout from the beginning. I was happy about the insurance not changing. But, that was it. We all should have been 1$ raise for 5 yrs. No splits. Keep progression the same. 10/4 jobs with no ot. Which will trickle into package. There is no wording to say it will not. Post office wording is a joke. My extended area will end up delivering all those. When the post office finally decides to shorten openings. Weak 9.5 language. All will happen is harrassment.

rudy5150

I voted "yes" on both the national and supplement. The raises were acceptable and we kept our healthcare. There were no changes that negatively impacted us here in Upstate NY IMO.
Dont you care about other ups teamsters? What if upstate NY is targeted in next contract? We are one union, always look out for the best interests of all your brothers and sisters!

InsideUPS

Future negotiation need to be done by people who are fighting for our members not anything else including ones self interest. Ups pays top notch labor lawyers to draw up contracts to benefit them. Fight with fire dont go to battle with rocks when the oppositions have weapons. What iam trying to say is amateurs have no chance against professional negotiators. :biting:

There is no doubt that UPS has much deeper pockets than the IBT. With deeper pockets comes better "results" (lawyers, accountants, actuaries). Just look at any professional athletic team.... Championships are most often won with money...... Politics the same way.......

TimeForChange

There is no doubt that UPS has much deeper pockets than the IBT. With deeper pockets comes better "results" (lawyers, accountants, actuaries). Just look at any professional athletic team.... Championships are most often won with money...... Politics the same way.......

So do you mean that when Hoffa & Co. pushed the 2002 dues increase through with the slogan, "A Nickle an Hour for Teamster Power", he was lying?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Dont you care about other ups teamsters? What if upstate NY is targeted in next contract? We are one union, always look out for the best interests of all your brothers and sisters!

Yawn.

I know u really could careless but the union does kind of depend on a group working together.

There's no way we would the compensation package we have right now if previous generations had not stuck together.

balland chain

Hoffa showed up in Charlotte many years ago.. I asked him what he was going to do about our low pension payments here.. 3K for 30 years 2K for 25 years.. He said I will increase your pension, just like a politician . Our pension is the same unless you work 35 years. Our healthcare is crappy at best, and way overpriced for what we get. He has done nothing for us in Charlotte since he has been in office . Basically,he sucks !

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoffa showed up in Charlotte many years ago.. I asked him what he was going to do about our low pension payments here.. 3K for 30 years 2K for 25 years.. He said I will increase your pension, just like a politician . Our pension is the same unless you work 35 years. Our healthcare is crappy at best, and way overpriced for what we get. He has done nothing for us in Charlotte since he has been in office . Basically,he sucks !

​He is elected ... he is a politician.

U

uber

Take off your brown lipstick and pantyhose, stop being self-serving and realize that the reason you have what you have is because of your union. Its about the best civilian job a guy like you could have lucked into back in the day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The reason our union is in the state it's in......

You have to wonder just how strong the union really is if one or two self-centered members can have this much of an impact.

Take off your brown lipstick and pantyhose, stop being self-serving and realize that the reason you have what you have is because of your union. Its about the best civilian job a guy like you could have lucked into back in the day.

Tough talk from a 30 day wonder who should be grateful for the job that he has.

U

uber

You have to wonder just how strong the union really is if one or two self-centered members can have this much of an impact.

Tough talk from a 30 day wonder who should be grateful for the job that he has.

Don't throw stones, if you if live in a glass house.