Future of Unions?

box_beeyotch

As far as union workers getting a bad name, I would have to say 95 % of the people I manage will go through a brick wall for you if you show them and treat them with respect. 5 % of workers I manage only have their jobs because they have a union backing them up. I was UFCW for 6 years growing up and I would be fighting right to work laws if I was still a union member. One thing I do see lacking also which I was surprised about it older union members not mentoring younger union members on the ins and outs...

Some of the older guys here are like that. They will share stories with you and what not. Then there's the anti union crusader bunch who have their tongue in their sups butt all day who do stuff they shouldn't do to make their numbers look good and they preach their life on you...but we ignore those kind.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Some of the older guys here are like that. They will share stories with you and what not. Then there's the anti union crusader bunch who have their tongue in their sups butt all day who do stuff they shouldn't do to make their numbers look good and they preach their life on you...but we ignore those kind.

The ironic part is that I will get my 30 years in and retire with a very healthy monthly pension check while you will quit long before you reach the 20 year mark.

box_beeyotch

The ironic part is that I will get my 30 years in and retire with a very healthy monthly pension check while you will quit long before you reach the 20 year mark.

That's where you're wrong. I'm not quitting. My post was referencing the drivers in my building. What's the matter Mr suck ass, did I hit a nerve? I thought you blocked me. If not, I really wish you would....

Last edited by a moderator:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Where will we be in 20 years? Technology is taking away "Blue Collar" jobs daily. Are we sitting on our hands by not going after the low tech jobs? Should we be starting relationships with the tech schools?

I see the current "Union Jobs" disappearing. Sure, there will always be blue collar jobs, but will there be enough to sustain the Unions.

I really think we are blind to the future of what we should be moving toward as far as what future membership should look like.

Is it too late?
that J_E_R_K in wiscon sin is having pretty good luck undermining union power . that is being considered as a template for other governors to do the same.

hyena

359d0yp.gif