Future UPS?

rod

Retired 22 years
yeah look how well it picks up that weightless box and walks through that area in the snowy woods they cleared of dead fall. Or that controlled office space with no pedestrian traffic or other chaotic factors.....

This technology is way farther off than what many of you are suggesting.

Not only that what happens when these are out in the streets and some kids decide to smash it with a bat or just trip it and it sits there for 3 hours before some technology sup dummy goes out and checks? Never going to work until society is redesigned to not base towns around roads for people driven cars. So several hundred years or never.

I bet UPS hasn't invested much in this because they need to justify spending so much on ORION. They p[probably have a date they need to use ORION till to "show" that it made them money LOL.

I never said these robots would greet you Monday morning BUT -----who knows - maybe in the not so far off future they will lift 150 lbs and run. Maybe not your generation (certainly not mine) but your kids may be competing for jobs against these things. Scary thought. (by the way someday all but upper management could be replaced by robots too so don't think just because someone may be a PT sup they are safe).

Knothead

Yep.
Did anyone else feel bad for the poor thing when the guy kept knocking the package out of his hands and then knocked him down?

Nah, me neither.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Future?????
image.gif