FYI: Splits

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
While we're all screaming about the falling sky, keep these things in mind.

*You can be required to work 2 splits per week as an hourly employee.
*Your daily guarantee is 7 hours of pay (3.5 for PT employees) if you work all hours of the split.
*Mandatory split assignments are chosen via reverse seniority.
*If you volunteer for a weekly split shift schedule, you may go back to a regular continuous schedule with 30 days notice.
*A split program should only be used as a last resort.

Goldilocks

*Your daily guarantee is 7 hours of pay (3.5 for PT employees) if you work all hours of the split.
*If you volunteer for a weekly split shift schedule, you may go back to a regular continuous schedule with 30 days notice.

Thank you for this Dano, I believe that many on this Forum like to get their panties in a wad. This is true information about splits...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Hey genius! Think any of this might change come, say, October? Nah, could never happen because we have PSP. LOFL...

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Hey genius! Think any of this might change come, say, October? Nah, could never happen because we have PSP. LOFL...

I simply told you what the policy is NOW. I didn't say it would change. I didn't say it would stay the same.

You make lots of ASSumptions.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I simply told you what the policy is NOW. I didn't say it would change. I didn't say it would stay the same.

You make lots of ASSumptions.

Yes, and an assumption that policies are going to change in October wouldn't exactly be stretching things would it? I fully expect the 35 hr minimums and limitation on split-shifts to go away.

XFILED

Speaking of forced splits...One of my buddies shows up for the morning sort at around 6:35 works like a hour and a half and gets thrown on a 2 hour lunch at like 8:15-8:20 in the morning then goes out for p2 and pickups....He isn't the only person that has been getting did like that lately....
The other day one full timer came to work did FO and and when he got back to the station told him to go on break till his pm started...

LTFedExer

Speaking of forced splits...One of my buddies shows up for the morning sort at around 6:35 works like a hour and a half and gets thrown on a 2 hour lunch at like 8:15-8:20 in the morning then goes out for p2 and pickups....He isn't the only person that has been getting did like that lately....
The other day one full timer came to work did FO and and when he got back to the station told him to go on break till his pm started...
The first sounds like they were light on P1's and absorbed 1 of the routes. That's happened here, but its not a common thing. 2nd sounds like a swing driver. What was the 2nd actually scheduled to do?

All this makes me wonder if I should bother putting in for a FT route that'll be opening up soon and give up my cake split. Then again, my route can EASILY become 2 PT routes like it used to be.

XFILED

The first sounds like they were light on P1's and absorbed 1 of the routes. That's happened here, but its not a common thing. 2nd sounds like a swing driver. What was the 2nd actually scheduled to do?

All this makes me wonder if I should bother putting in for a FT route that'll be opening up soon and give up my cake split. Then again, my route can EASILY become 2 PT routes like it used to be.

The first one they put a part timer on the p1 tuesday-friday (nothing like taking your lunch at breakfast time) and the 2nd one ill ask him to see what his schedule was but im almost positive he was scheduled for the full route...ill get back to you on that....
They are trying all different ways to save on overtime...some guys come in just do their pick up route on monday..Other FT routes rotate a week of coming in at 1040 with part timers doing their p1 cycle....The lucky ones just come in and do their deliveries and a part timer will do their pick up routes....
As of late ive seen many a people come in for the morning sort and then get put on a 2-6 hour lunch break...

vantexan

Yes, and an assumption that policies are going to change in October wouldn't exactly be stretching things would it? I fully expect the 35 hr minimums and limitation on split-shifts to go away.

Safe to say they'll announce future changes in October that won't actually be implemented for awhile? I don't think losing ExpressSaver is going to push us down to 35 hrs with long splits(might affect some but not most). The real killer is losing E-2 and that's down the road aways. Possibly 2 years?

whenIgetthere

Safe to say they'll announce future changes in October that won't actually be implemented for awhile? I don't think losing ExpressSaver is going to push us down to 35 hrs with long splits(might affect some but not most). The real killer is losing E-2 and that's down the road aways. Possibly 2 years?

Losing express saver will hurt the routes that are mostly resi IMO.

vantexan

Losing express saver will hurt the routes that are mostly resi IMO.

I've been watching freight as I unload cans. It seems we're mostly P1, SO, and E-2 at our station. Docs tend to be more next day. If I lose 7 or 8 stops a day on my extended rt it'll definitely reduce OT, but then again I could have a couple ExpressSavers near other stops while having a P1 in the far corner of my very large area. It'll vary.