G-20

tieguy

Banned
And you know why ? Because Ontarion's realize they are too much in debt. Government spending and services have already been cut, but not enough to be back in the black and pay down debt.
Canadians are used going thru tougher times, and paying back debt. We been in it deep in the early 90's.
Turned things around and ran surpluses, until this new recesssion.

Americans will eventually need to pay back their debt, too. And atleast try to run a balanced budget (which is no longer good enough, and which hasn't been done in 10 years.)
Cuts and new taxes are comming south, don't kid yourself. And it will be about time, your pay back that estimated $200.000 debt per capita per person.

So your government overspends your tax dollars and you will reward them by giving them more of your hard earned money

Baaaaaaa what good sheep you are

klein

Für Meno :)
Yup, and in good times, taxes get reduced. Like the GST from 7% down to 5%.
Just like a normal household would balance a budget.
Once you have some debts paid off, better times can start. You have extra money leftover.
I guess Canada doesn't believe in leaving debts for grandchildren and great grand children to pay. And we shouldn't.

Here's what the BBC thinks of us, today, after the G meetings :

TORONTO - With hundreds of reporters from around the world in Ontario to cover the G8 and G20 summits, the average Canadian might wonder: What are they saying about us?

While the majority are focused on the key issues brought up by their own leaders, it's inevitable a little commentary on the host country sneaks into media reports.

In the English media at least, it looks like the Brits want to be more like the Canadians, on the subcontinent the Indians are awed by fortress Toronto and the Americans, well, they're just taking it all in.

The BBC's Caroline Hepker raised the profile of the Canadian economy across the Atlantic with a piece headlined "Why we all want to be Canadian now."

While examining the country's banking system, its rules on mortgages Hepker even manages to throw in a maple syrup mention as she explains how the G8 and G20 summits are a crucial opportunity for Canadian policy makers.

"The Canadians, it seems, have answers for even the toughest puzzles and they are keen to share their strategies with the rest of the world," she writes. "Why in this economy, we all want to be Canadian."

moreluck

golden ticket member
Our prez. turned out to be totally isolated in his spending spree. Everybody else is trying to reduce spending. Barry, the selfish teenager!

klein

Our prez. turned out to be totally isolated in his spending spree. Everybody else is trying to reduce spending. Barry, the selfish teenager!

Moreluck, I'm surprised you got that info. It wasn't even mentioned on CNN.
But, he did finally agree to reduce the deficit spending by 50% by 2013. Sad thing is, he made it his own idea in his G20 post speech !

That was truly Harpers Idea, and he got every country to agree upon it.
Obama was against it at first, and it was unsure if he would be on board. But, in the end he did agree.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It wasn't mentioned on CNN because they don't speak ill of the Messiah. Listen to Fox to get BOTH sides of everything.....the news portion, not the opinion shows

klein

It wasn't mentioned on CNN because they don't speak ill of the Messiah. Listen to Fox to get BOTH sides of everything.....the news portion, not the opinion shows

The Global Bank Tax also got killed. Yet, the US, France, Germany, and the UK want to implement their own.
The next G20, Harper wants to convince them all to adopt our banking regulations instead.

Don't really want to watch Fox, too bias for me. Good neutral Canadian or BBC news gives me my resources.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Fox, for me is the most unbiased and go out of their way presenting both sides of an issue.....believe me, that's why I'm sick of faces like Alan Colmes and Bob Beckel. The opinion shows like Hannity and O'reilly are definitely the star's opinions, but they are commentators and not reporters.

klein

Fox, for me is the most unbiased and go out of their way presenting both sides of an issue.....believe me, that's why I'm sick of faces like Alan Colmes and Bob Beckel. The opinion shows like Hannity and O'reilly are definitely the star's opinions, but they are commentators and not reporters.

I disagree, it's a rightwing news channel, and well known for that.
But anyways, Obama sure showed a different side that I have not known.

By tradition for example, the host of the G8 or G20, is normally the first leader to have a news conference.
Obama got his way, got to go first, before Harper.
Then he pretended all along it was his goal to reduce the deficit by half by 2013.

So, I definitly caught him in a lie, yesterday. And he probably went first, so Harper couldn't point out his success he made, for countries to agree upon it, esspecially the US.

diesel96

Straight News?

Fox News is so Crooked, if they Died you would have to Screw them into the ground.

I can dedicate a thread and expose Fox News, Beck, Rush altering reality every day......

BTW...Have you ever read my signature line...lol....it's a constant reminder

Moreluck, I'm surprised you got that info. It wasn't even mentioned on CNN.
But, he did finally agree to reduce the deficit spending by 50% by 2013. Sad thing is, he made it his own idea in his G20 post speech !

That was truly Harpers Idea, and he got every country to agree upon it.
Obama was against it at first, and it was unsure if he would be on board. But, in the end he did agree.

"And this third depression will be primarily a failure of policy. Around the world — most recently at last weekend’s deeply discouraging G-20 meeting — governments are obsessing about inflation when the real threat is deflation, preaching the need for belt-tightening when the real problem is inadequate spending."

"It’s almost as if the financial markets understand what policy makers seemingly don’t: that while long-term fiscal responsibility is important, slashing spending in the midst of a depression, which deepens that depression and paves the way for deflation, is actually self-defeating."

More...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/28/opinion/28krugman.html

av8torntn

"And this third depression will be primarily a failure of policy. Around the world — most recently at last weekend’s deeply discouraging G-20 meeting — governments are obsessing about inflation when the real threat is deflation, preaching the need for belt-tightening when the real problem is inadequate spending."

Diesel we can find plenty of economist that believe that all the governmental spending will lead to a deflationary recession. A fairly mainstream belief is that large debt contributes to your deflationary recession/depression. In our country they can point directly to the actions of the Fed and the central government to make their case. Many, many economists believe just the opposite of what you are trying to sell. There is one truth in all this. When the governments try to influence the natural cycles of the markets they often get unintended results.

In the most basic terms there are many that believe that printing money does not prevent a crash it only changes who pays for it. In a way to oversimplify this we may be facing a period where wages do not rise or rise very slowly. If we have a "normal" period where government promotes low inflation by borrowing (printing) more money thereby forcing the costs of goods and services to rise this will put a serious squeeze on the middle class.

I'm not giving you my opinion. I'm just showing you there are multiple ways to view what is going on.

klein

Diesel, it should be easy for the US to slash a 2 Trillion deficit, down to "only" 1 Trillion deficit by 2013.
1 Trillion is still more then ever, prior to Obama.

Still plenty of money to go around. Don't you agree ?

klein

Hey Klein, how many Americans vs. non-Americans were arrested at the g20 shindig ?

Who knows, by day 2, the cops were so fed up, they arressted everyone that even came near. Even TV reporters !
But, yeah, looks like it was that group from Quebec that caused all the damage.
I opoligize.

tieguy

Banned

our president is so far hitless when it comes to selling his vision to the leaders of other countries. He does a nice bow though.

tieguy

Banned
Straight News?

Fox News is so Crooked, if they Died you would have to Screw them into the ground.

I can dedicate a thread and expose Fox News, Beck, Rush altering reality every day......

BTW...Have you ever read my signature line...lol....it's a constant reminder

"It’s almost as if the financial markets understand what policy makers seemingly don’t: that while long-term fiscal responsibility is important, slashing spending in the midst of a depression, which deepens that depression and paves the way for deflation, is actually self-defeating."

More...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/28/opinion/28krugman.html

diesel does not like fox because their news is not retyped from the liberal masters speaking notes.

tieguy

Banned
Diesel, it should be easy for the US to slash a 2 Trillion deficit, down to "only" 1 Trillion deficit by 2013.
1 Trillion is still more then ever, prior to Obama.

Still plenty of money to go around. Don't you agree ?

ah its easy but no one has been able to do it yet?

tieguy

Banned
Who knows, by day 2, the cops were so fed up, they arressted everyone that even came near. Even TV reporters !
But, yeah, looks like it was that group from Quebec that caused all the damage.
I opoligize.

I opologize the likor was talking again.