G&A ERI

rups

The folks at the top of the IT food chain seemed to be very disconnected from the folks at the bottom.

Observe the reading materials sitting in the mailboxes next time you are in an IS building - Software Times, Computerworld, E-Week, etc.

The bosses might want to consider investing more time in sharing the IT strategy instead of the small package strategy or at a minimum, find a better way to tie the 2 strategies together.

pocoloco

I do not know anyone here in Ramsey that is afraid to work. But since we have to spend a large part of our life here it should also be rewarding and fun, and we should not afraid to voice an opinion. The management in G&A don't want any conflicting opinions, and we have been told that we should not communicate with the users...it is a mess!

LOL----I think it's way too big to post it here....we can probably make our own up....

1. Does your manager have a tendancy to turn bright red and lose his/her temper in public places?
Agree Slightly Disagree WIll be fired if Truthful

2. Has your application manager ever stated that the only reason she was an application manager was that she wore a dress?

3. Dale Jarrett should be replaced with Keith Jarrett.

4. Your life has improved since UPS changed from a private company to a public company?

5. You are treated fairly regardless of race, religion or sex.

6. Your manager has told you that the only value of the Policy Book is to hit you over the head with it whenever it makes sense to the manager.

7. Jim Casey is overrated.

8. Purple and Yellow are more impressive colours than Pullman Brown.

9. You understand what is meant by the phrase "Synchronizing the World of Commerce".

10. Bo Derek

T

taker a

Does anyone know why the ERI participation numbers for G&A portfolio are so low? Is it because they just don't care, or they think nothing will be done anyway, or are they trying to send a message?? I took it in Ramsey and I know several of my co-workers also took it. G&A encompasses Mo'town as well, so maybe the low numbers are coming from there.

so did anyone know what are the ERI numbers? Are they as low as you expected ?

A

Anonymous G&A

What are the ERI Results ?? Does it matter ??
I was reminded again today that my porfolio manager's QPR is tied to ERI results...
Wonder if that gives him more $$$ in LTIP....

E

ERI #'s FIXED

so G&A participation #s improved dramatically in a few days and the App Mgr's scores were excellent---coincidence??? I think not---maybe it had something to do with the PL's being told to take the survey NUMEROUS times and give excellent scores each time....what a farce...the numbers are phony and the unflattering comments are deleted by the "G&A" programmer who is responsible for the application...we are all SO naive...KES, how many times did YOU take it??? Same question for you, LAP---

E

Eri taker #6

so G&A participation #s improved dramatically in a few days and the App Mgr's scores were excellent---coincidence??? I think not---maybe it had something to do with the PL's being told to take the survey NUMEROUS times and give excellent scores each time....what a farce...the numbers are phony and the unflattering comments are deleted by the "G&A" programmer who is responsible for the application...we are all SO naive...KES, how many times did YOU take it??? Same question for you, LAP---

LAP...as in LAPDOG? Oh, irony...

E

ERI taker #57

G & A programmer....would their initials bookend the word DOG? if it does...that's just too fitting

E

ERI Taker # nill

The folks at the top of the IT food chain seemed to be very disconnected from the folks at the bottom.

Observe the reading materials sitting in the mailboxes next time you are in an IS building - Software Times, Computerworld, E-Week, etc.

The bosses might want to consider investing more time in sharing the IT strategy instead of the small package strategy or at a minimum, find a better way to tie the 2 strategies together.

Well, isn't that because the one's that could or would read the material are gone?

A

an anonymous guest

I am not su8re what G&A stands for these days, but I think you whiners should spend some time getting the portal back up and running, Its hard for us retirees to figure out what HR means by HTTP 500, page not found (in the policy book?), and getting a remote access screen.

Without the portal us poor retirees don't know what to do before early golf on a Sunday.
Might have to go to church or somethin'.

Go UPS!
(never met an ERI I didn;t like)
P71

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
General apathy! most employees have taken the ERI for years and years with very little sign of it doing any good or anything being acted upon it. I take it every year, I think it's like voting, but I question the % of positives that UPS says it gets back.:confused:1

E

Eri #1

that's very good---generic in the sense that they don't care whose rear it is, they will simply go with the flow and kiss it anyway...

E

ERI results

What are the ERI Results ?? Does it matter ??
I was reminded again today that my porfolio manager's QPR is tied to ERI results...
Wonder if that gives him more $$$ in LTIP....

ERI has nothing to do with LTIP........get your facts correct...........ERI is work enviorment
The G&A portfolio had the highest ERI in application development. Up 3 points over last year.
Did you hear that ????

Dfigtree

ERI has nothing to do with LTIP........get your facts correct...........ERI is work enviorment
The G&A portfolio had the highest ERI in application development. Up 3 points over last year.
Did you hear that ????

Ah! The old UPS rhetoric. I've missed it for so long.
Here are the facts although they are somewhat disguised by the English language ...

Item 5.02 Departure of Directors or Certain Officers; Election of Directors; Appointment of Certain Officers; Compensatory Arrangements of Certain Officers
(e)
On March 1, 2007, the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors of United Parcel Service, Inc. (the “Company”) approved the award of restricted stock units (“RSUs”) to be granted as UPS 2007 Long-Term Incentive Performance Awards (“2007 LTIP”), and the related performance and earnings criteria for 2007. Under the 2007 LTIP, RSUs representing shares of class A common stock are awarded to executive officers, officers and certain other eligible managers pursuant to a RSU award agreement. Target RSU award grants range in size from 50% to 250% of annual salary. The 2007 LTIP is authorized under the UPS Incentive Compensation Plan that has previously been approved by the Company’s shareowners and filed with the SEC.
Of the total target award, 90% of the target award will be divided into three substantially equal tranches, one for each calendar year in the three-year award cycle from 2007 to 2009. The specific performance measures and targets for each such tranche will be determined by the Committee either before or within the first quarter of the calendar year in which the performance is measured. The number of RSUs earned each year will be the target number adjusted for the percentage achievement of performance criteria targets for the year based on a matrix developed by the Committee that will provide for 100% payment of the target RSUs for the tranche upon 100% achievement of the performance criteria targets for the year. The matrix also may provide for payment of a percentage less than or more than 100% of target RSUs for the tranche based on achievement of performance criteria targets (as determined by the Committee) at a percentage less than or more than 100%. The performance criteria approved by the Committee for 2007 include consolidated operating return on invested capital and growth in consolidated revenue. The performance criteria will be determined by the Committee in its discretion. The Committee will retain the discretion to adjust the Company’s results during the award cycle to exclude the effects of certain transactions and accounting changes for purposes of determining achievement of the performance criteria. The award, if earned, will vest on January 31, 2010, provided the participant is employed as of the vesting date. Special vesting rules apply to terminations by reason of death, disability or retirement.
Of the total target award, 10% of the target award will be based upon the Company’s achievement of adjusted earnings per share for the three-year award cycle compared to a target designated by the Committee at the start of the award cycle. The Committee will retain the discretion to adjust the Company’s results during the award cycle to exclude the effects of certain transactions and accounting changes for purposes of determining achievement of this earnings target. If the target is met (as determined by the Committee) the award will vest on January 31, 2010, provided the participant is employed as of the vesting date.
A participant’s earned RSU account will be adjusted quarterly for dividends paid on UPS class A common stock. The RSU awards that vest will be paid in the form of UPS class A shares on March 12, 2010 (or earlier in the event of death).​