Garmin GPS ~ full stop manifest integration

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I got "here" app with offline map of my state loaded on my smartphone micro sd card, just in case... garmin is better than Magellan also.

I gotta learn to get Kitt' s voice on my gps so i can pretend to be Michael Knight all day long

Rod, thought u need a truckers gps instead, so u can enter that campers height and length to avoid low clearance over passes and what not

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
mapline.com can import your inbound pdf/xls off the ground biz site and plot every stop you want on a google map for free. If I go to an area I don't know by memory, I'll strip out the main streets and sort my truck with the printed map I generate before leaving for the terminal. Takes me about 5 mins, then my car is warm, the coffee is brewed and off I go.

OrioN

Meh, only contractors have access to that mygroundbiz site, or can drivers of said subcontractors can do so as well?

Anyways, i'm beating the time, but not the miles of their orion trace... up to 2 hours in my rural route!

As for the garmin gps, i can quickly see the stops that im driving by and attack those first so i don't loop back to the same streets later on.

When it comes to the last dozen stops, i quickly delete the others that was done in that trip plan, then hit optimize. Garmin does a better job with less stops in a trip plan and had me straight~lining. Driving for dummies is impressive, so i can focus on being a safer driver n not be holding that dumb paper turn by turn packet instead.

OrioN

nope, my "vendor" ID doesn't work on that mybroundbiz.com... it would be nice to see my incoming freight the night before, so i can prioritize my business stops first & skip the orion trace for them.

anyways, i get printed maps from the HD dispatcher, along with the stop manifest & turn by turns. I do ask for my map overview in the AM since i have to sort/pack my cargo a certain way :

sigh, only if my subcontractor gets me a p500 with proper pass thru and shelves (700 is too big for my area as seen with some ups vehicles staying on the street because they can't go in to some driveways ~they get paid by the hour so it's a plus)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

nope, my "vendor" ID doesn't work on that mybroundbiz.com... it would be nice to see my incoming freight the night before, so i can prioritize my business stops first & skip the orion trace for them.

anyways, i get printed maps from the HD dispatcher, along with the stop manifest & turn by turns. I do ask for my map overview in the AM since i have to sort/pack my cargo a certain way :

sigh, only if my subcontractor gets me a p500 with proper pass thru and shelves (700 is too big for my area as seen with some ups vehicles staying on the street because they can't go in to some driveways ~they get paid by the hour so it's a plus)

They stay on the street as we are not allowed to go in to driveways.

OrioN

Nah, I've seen the smaller package cars go in head first... the 700s and 1000s are the ones blocking the driveway and walking them in...

Code 82 Approved

Meh, only contractors have access to that mygroundbiz site, or can drivers of said subcontractors can do so as well?

Anyways, i'm beating the time, but not the miles of their orion trace... up to 2 hours in my rural route!

As for the garmin gps, i can quickly see the stops that im driving by and attack those first so i don't loop back to the same streets later on.

When it comes to the last dozen stops, i quickly delete the others that was done in that trip plan, then hit optimize. Garmin does a better job with less stops in a trip plan and had me straight~lining. Driving for dummies is impressive, so i can focus on being a safer driver n not be holding that dumb paper turn by turn packet instead.
I'm a BC, Business Contact. I see everything but what my contractor makes. But I would have no qualms about sharing the inbound report with the drivers each night...until they start calling in sick.

OrioN

So can i access that info from the site or do i need permission from the wizard of OZ first?

For example, it does help if i have evening deliveries so i can come in later instead of dragging my feet all day to make that 1700~2000 time

STFXG

So can i access that info from the site or do i need permission from the wizard of OZ first?

For example, it does help if i have evening deliveries so i can come in later instead of dragging my feet all day to make that 1700~2000 time
Contractor can give you access to the site.

OrioN

I axed this morning, he doesn't want to ?.?
He says he gets them 3 x each night as the sort progresses... &

Only BAs or BCs have that privelidge.

Oh wellz, guess i'll have to leave the missorts & misplots on the belt!

Code 82 Approved

I axed this morning, he doesn't want to ?.?
He says he gets them 3 x each night as the sort progresses... &

Only BAs or BCs have that privelidge.

Oh wellz, guess i'll have to leave the missorts & misplots on the belt!
The BC/Contractor info isn't all that secretive, but he may be limited in granting access to more than one person other than himself.

12yearsaslave

Sweet, so i didn't want to pay for a newer Garmin gps(with the special "apps" function) so it can adopt this trip plan tech

I went on ebay for a month to finally win 2 auctions (outvof 20) within my price range (under $50)

Got the nuvi 58LMT and 55LMT. Was only planning to get one, but won the 2nd unit for under $30 (so it's gonna be my backup or i may rent it to other drivers to help make up their minds of getting one)

Not bad that i have all my stops on the device.

I wish those stops can auto delete once i get to a flag. Sometimes i dont follow orion trace, but the gps doesn't know it and ill have to override the gps to skip the ones i did out of sequence.

I do use the 3rd key of the smith system so its not a distraction like what express or ups thinks about having a gps unit stuck on the windshield

So this dumb truck driver can now be even dumber with this tech! Not really, but it seems to be a good tool for a swing~ cover driver.

Its better than that "show me ~ take me " gps maps in the powerpads
Can you give some feedback on the different models? pros and cons?

OrioN

Can you give some feedback on the different models? pros and cons?
Oops, forgot to update this from your last posting....

Working great for both models so far. The key was the "app" button or trip log for it to be integrated with the FedEx system.

I can skip around quickly to other stops out of sequence and delete them on the fly.

Neat thing I also found out was it doesn't say "recalculating" when u miss a turn or when u don't want to go down that dirt road

Oldfart

[QUOTE="
sigh, only if my subcontractor gets me a p500 with proper pass thru and shelves (700 is too big for my area as seen with some ups vehicles staying on the street because they can't go in to some driveways ~they get paid by the hour so it's a plus)[/QUOTE]

Pulling into a drive way? Guess that is why you see the Ground and HD trucks with body damage on a daily basis. Also see their trucks left running while the driver is making a delivery and violating about every other reasonable safety policy. Terrible driving habits by these guys.

Oldfart

Yea. I see express sprinters doing it all the time in my rural area too, what's your point?
Guess they are not following safety rules as well. Monkey see monkey do I guess is your philosophy. Don't go crying when you back out of a drive and hit something. Don't be so lazy and park on the street and make the hike. I deliver to houses sitting on 1 and 2 acre lots and just consider the walk good excersize.