gas prices....

DS

Fenderbender
Barstow CA. (tourist trap) halfway between L.A. and Vegas

my winnings this 3-day trip to Vegas total $34,354.00. And that's not counting the little $800 wins here & there. quote]
Moreluck you seem to live up to your name.
Congrats...
little $800 wins here and there...ouch

retired2000

2.99-3.01 upstate ny.
two weeks ago in old forge it was 3.34
hee in our county they froze the county tax so it does not go up when the price of gas goes up.

dutchups

This is an average price in the Netherlands, on the highway you pay more then somewhere inbetween farms...
About $7.26 per gallon.

wkmac

I thought after the announcement with BP oil and Prudhoe Bay pipeline that we were in for a rough few months but already BP Prudhoe back at 50% capacity and with the summer driving season ending, sure good to see gas prices drops. Never thought I'd consider $2.50 a gallon a steal.

:laugh:

xracer

The cheap station here in Upstate NY is $3.15 for regular and it was $3.29 for diesel the other day when I filled up my tractor at work and it took $360 to fill it, glad I don't have to pay that bill. Now I can hardly wait to fill the oil tank for my house so I have heat this winter.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
$2.65 in south jersey, but why the hell is diesel going back up?:mad:

Its the old supply and demand, another example of how the oil companies screw over the customers. Diesel is cheaper to make than gasoline, it goes through less of the refining process. By producing less, oil companies charge more, just like at the beginning of summer, gas goes up because people drive more for travel purposes. Instead of planning ahead and producing more, they just raise the prices.

On the subject of diesel, I have noticed us buying more vehicles recently. I am sure the tractors are because of Fast Lane in one sense, but I have noticed something else. On our fuel pumps, new stickers showed up saying something about the low-sulfur diesel we are going to in 2007. This will actually damage certain engines according to the sticker. Someone said that next year the EPA Standards are going up, meaning more emissions equipment and a loss of about three miles per gallon per vehicle. I don't know how much of this is true. In Package, the last few cars we have got look like P1200s and a new city van with a big chrome grill and front bumper. I have never seen so much chrome on a UPS vehicle.

sendagain

Out in more rural areas of California it is $2.99, but get in close to the big population areas and it is $3.15 or more.