Gas up again!

evilleace

Alright Gas prices here just hit $4.00 a gallon again and in Illinois they just hit $4.99! All because of Ike I am definitely going stevetheupsguy's route and riding my nike to work and school this is just ridiculous! What are the prices in your part of the country now thanks.

U

ups1234567890

3.89 here in wv, expect it go up more after the hurricane hits. Good thing the price of oil per barrel is the lowest it has been in about 6 months. I know that price is about 6 weeks out but in 6 weeks do you expect gas to be around 3.10 or so? Nope.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
$3.42 this morning, I just paid $3.95 after going to four gas stations that had already ran out. Heard rumors of five bucks a gallon in other places. People are panicking again and hoarding gas. Gas lines everywhere.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
On april 1st a barrel of oil was $100 and the average gas price was $3.26. It's amazing how it can go up so fast and yet drop so slow. It's all a big scam.

moreluck

golden ticket member
With 'Ike' happening now, they're talking the possibility of gas doubling quickly.

Also, they showed some insane people in a waterside bar "drinking through the hurricane". I hope they wrote their names in indelible marker on their arms!! They're nuts !!

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
I placed an order with a company in Alabama today.Guy on the phone said price had gone up $1.50 since Tuesday and was over $5.00 a gallon.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
On april 1st a barrel of oil was $100 and the average gas price was $3.26. It's amazing how it can go up so fast and yet drop so slow. It's all a big scam.

Totally agree with you, why does gas go up so quickly, yet come down slowly? Gas price here in Martin/St Lucie county Florida is avg $3.66gal.
I'm still getting about 200 miles to the burger!:wink2:

evilleace

Yes it is a BIG scam oil dropped yesterday to near $100 a barrel and yet wholesale gas was near $5.00 a gallon I heard thats all ridiculous the oil companies just keep jacking the price up knowing that we will pay it supply and demand if everyone stopped driving so much they price would fall so quickly, I think we should all organize for a no drive day!:wink2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Yes it is a BIG scam oil dropped yesterday to near $100 a barrel and yet wholesale gas was near $5.00 a gallon I heard thats all ridiculous the oil companies just keep jacking the price up knowing that we will pay it supply and demand if everyone stopped driving so much they price would fall so quickly, I think we should all organize for a no drive day!:wink2:
You're a few of months late. In May there was the national bike to work week. It's a good time to organize for next year though.

drewed

Shankman

HAH you think it bad?

Our gas up here has dropped less than anywhere else in the country
i read somehwhere the national average drop off was about .70 up here its sitting just about .20

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I drive a VW Jetta turbodiesel that gets 40 MPG, and my wife commutes to work on her 50cc scooter that gets over 80 MPG. High fuel prices? I dont even notice.:happy-very: