Gateway Package Handler

Sky777

Hi all!

I see that a local Gateway has a listing for the package handler position. Would this position involve working on the ramp and inside a sorting facility?

Since I have a background in aviation, I'd love to be able to work on the ramp! :)

Thanks in advance!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Yes, you will be working on a ramp and at a sorting facility at the airport. From what I hear from the people that work at the Atlanta Hartsfield Airport, they don't get many hours.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
2014-10-04-07-16-07-61472212.jpeg

:holycowsmile:

EastBrown N Down

I worked at the airport for ups 17 years ago. It was a cold wet windy experience. The best part was on the platform pulling the cans off. The worst part was going in the belly of the plane for the shyte under there. It was great until the wind and rain came down.. good luck either way, but I agree your background in aviation will have zero to do with t he ability to move boxes.

Sky777

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

I do see that the shifts listed seem to be shorter than the ones for a package handler at a regular hub/center. I'll definitely take this and possible opportunities to move up (or lack thereof) into consideration.

Thanks again.