Gateway Package Handler

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Sky777, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Sky777

Sky777 New Member

Hi all!

I see that a local Gateway has a listing for the package handler position. Would this position involve working on the ramp and inside a sorting facility?

Since I have a background in aviation, I'd love to be able to work on the ramp! :)

Thanks in advance!
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Your background will have little to do with the work that you would be performing.
  3. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I used to have a Gateway.
  4. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Yes, you will be working on a ramp and at a sorting facility at the airport. From what I hear from the people that work at the Atlanta Hartsfield Airport, they don't get many hours.
  5. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Wouldn't happen to be at Sky Harbor Airport, I heard they have a loss prevention problem over there.
  6. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

I loved those 3 boxes.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. ChickenLegs

ChickenLegs Safety Expert

they were cow pattern
  8. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

9. I worked at the airport for ups 17 years ago. It was a cold wet windy experience. The best part was on the platform pulling the cans off. The worst part was going in the belly of the plane for the shyte under there. It was great until the wind and rain came down.. good luck either way, but I agree your background in aviation will have zero to do with t he ability to move boxes.
  10. Box Ox

Box Ox Would rather be driving an E-frame

Be careful. You might not get many hours or the kinds of opportunities to move up that you'd get at a center or hub.
  11. Sky777

Sky777 New Member

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

I do see that the shifts listed seem to be shorter than the ones for a package handler at a regular hub/center. I'll definitely take this and possible opportunities to move up (or lack thereof) into consideration.

Thanks again.
  12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I believe their daily guarantee is only 3 hours.