Gender discrimination at U.P.S.?

Irishman Collins

With all due respect to all the ladies out there. Does anyone else believe that being a male package car driver at U.P.S. is tougher than being a female driver? Males typically get the worst trucks, the worst non bid routes and heavier dispatches. If the pay is the same, is it discrimination that Males are expected to drive unsafe trucks and do more physical labor? I know there are exceptions out there but I am talking in general terms. I can't wait for your responses.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
With all due respect to all the ladies out there. Does anyone else believe that being a male package car driver at U.P.S. is tougher than being a female driver? Males typically get the worst trucks, the worst non bid routes and heavier dispatches. If the pay is the same, is it discrimination that Males are expected to drive unsafe trucks and do more physical labor? I know there are exceptions out there but I am talking in general terms. I can't wait for your responses.

Sent using BrownCafe App
You say this stuff like it's true because you said so.

Irishman Collins

I am not trying to be a wuss here. Lol. It's just a question is all. I am all for chivalry and being a man and all, but when it comes to being paid the same for a job shouldn't the work be equal. Doesn't equality mean equality? Women fought hard for the right to be equal to men in the workplace. In saying that isn't it a slap in the face to every woman that fought for equal rights to be coddled in the workplace today? Just saying....?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
One thing I'm learning in life, as I get older, is that life is a lot more peaceful and less stressful when you stop worrying about how others are being treated compared you, and also, what others have in comparison to you. Someone will ALWAYS be treated better and have more. Such is life.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
All depends on the the age, physical stature of the female really, to put it in a nutshell. But really whos going to be an idiot and trip on it really, just saying dude.

Irishman Collins

No really think about it. I believe in opening doors for women, pulling their chair out for them, lifting the heavy grocery bags, killing the spider or snake but in the workplace isn't chivalry out the window? Again just saying.....

Sent using BrownCafe App

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
No really think about it. I believe in opening doors for women, pulling their chair out for them, lifting the heavy grocery bags, killing the spider or snake but in the workplace isn't chivalry out the window? Again just saying.....

Sent using BrownCafe App
I don't worry about what a female driver can and can't do, that's not my job, it's management's.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
That comparison would be like an older driver whos got 25 years or more and his body has broken down a few times too many compared to a young cat whos 25 with an unbroken down body. Do you really think its fair to send the older driver, whos set the foundation, put in blood, sweat and tears in for all those years to go out with the same load as the younger driver? Hell no, its just commonsense that the young cat is going to be able to handle the :censored2: whoopin better than the older driver. Just commonsense really. You get the correlation here.

Irishman Collins

Operational, I am not worrying about it. I am merely trying to create thought and topic. I know it's not politically correct, this topic but hey this is an anonymous site so let the opinions fly! Politically correct or not.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

Jumpman, excellent point but keep in mind that older male driver once did the job just like the younger drivers of today. The female driver for the most part never equalled the work of her male peers. In most cases that is, there is the exception, I understand.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

Jumpman, I agree but I wish U.P.S. management understood that. I was talked to about my performance the other day and I used the analogy that Babe Ruth didn't hit 400 his whole career. The manager said I don't care what age you are you are expected to perform the same. I couldn't stop laughing!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
There is actually I believe in the national contract that states something like, the employer has to take into perspective the physical condition of the employee. I don't have it in front of me but I think that there is some type of language that relates to that.