George E Stewart - NE Labor Relations Mgr

BillATC

All - Many apologies if this is not the right board.

My Dad, George Stewart, who was with UPS for 38 years (1958 - 1986) and finshed his career as the NE Labor Relations Manager, passed away on February 27th at the age of 82.

Details on the funeral can be found on this link:

http://www.northeastobits.com/posts.cfm?st=34&obit=29054

Dad was the consumate UPS employee and loved the company (proof is all around the house in various UPS items). I know you never really leave the company and suspect that even now there are coworkers and people who knew him lurking and posting around this site.

Hopefully this post will help get this information out to those who need to know. A good man such as my Dad usually ends up touching so many more people then you ever suspect.

rod

Retired 22 years
I didn't know your Dad but from just reading his obit I can tell he was a kind and generous person. May he rest in peace

over9five

Staff member
Sorry for your loss, Bill, he sounds like he was a good man. I did not know him myself, but I'll post the obit in Chema Feeders if you like.

BillATC

Thank you very much for the kind words

Please feel free to forward the message where ever you think it might do some good. 22 years since retirement is a long time so its hard to get to everyone.

I didn't know you Dad, but that is irrelevant. Anytime a UPSER passes is a loss to someone.
I am sorry for your loss and hope that you and your family have all the good memories fill you heart and mind.

Channahon

Although a sad day when a UPSer passes away, but a wonderful 22 years of retirement, is a godsend. My sympathies to you and your family.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
HMMM, a wonderful fulfilling career, a long retirement, a good kid to carry on the family name........This is the stuff men dream about, but yet not too many reach that goal.

It sounds like Dad loved life, and lived it to the fullest. You cant ask for more.

Deepest condolences on your loss. Even though death is something we all must go through, it really hurts to lose a parent.

You are in my prayers.

d