George W. Bush

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
GW never pretended to be perfect and laughed at himself along with you laughing at him.

Get over it.

I got over the fact that he's a maroon long ago. I'm still rather chuffed over the whole 9/11 incident,not to mention the invasion of an innocent country that resulted in needless deaths of close to 5,0000 our brave service people.
He should have been hanged for War Crimes much as the leaders of the German Army were in 1946 for the same crimes

Babagounj

Strength through joy
But the Senate voted for that war .
Of course many later changed their minds when it became time for them to run for re-election .

Upsmule

GW never pretended to be perfect and laughed at himself along with you laughing at him.

Get over it.

I got over the fact that he's a maroon long ago. I'm still rather chuffed over the whole 9/11 incident,not to mention the invasion of an innocent country that resulted in needless deaths of close to 5,0000 our brave service people.
He should have been hanged for War Crimes much as the leaders of the German Army were in 1946 for the same crimes

Typical spoon-fed ostrich bile. Everyone's entitled to their opinion wrong or right, just for once I wish you leftist Marxist apologists would remember to include your precious leftist liars who all voted FOR BUSH's WAR.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Given that Bush has been out of office for sometime , isn't fair to now call these on going wars bhos' .
After all he has had plenty of time to remove our troops , yet he doesn't seem to be doing anything of the sort. Our best soldiers are still dying .

browniehound

If you are comparing the Bush administration to Nazi Germany you are doing a severe injustice to the millions of innocent non-Aryians who were murdered just because they were born a certain ethnicity. The two don't even compare in the very very least.

Bush was trying to keep America safe from terrorists. The Nazis wanted to eradicate an entire race of people and create space for the master German race. I'm all ears if you want to enlighten me as to how one is like the other?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do yourself a favor---go to Amazon and order his book "Decision Points". I guarantee that it will change the way you think about George W. Bush.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
If you are comparing the Bush administration to Nazi Germany you are doing a severe injustice to the millions of innocent non-Aryians who were murdered just because they were born a certain ethnicity. The two don't even compare in the very very least.

Bush was trying to keep America safe from terrorists. The Nazis wanted to eradicate an entire race of people and create space for the master German race. I'm all ears if you want to enlighten me as to how one is like the other?

Ok mate,you missed my post so i'll make it a bit clearer for you:
The German Generals Jodl and Keitel ( who were not Nazi's anyways as membership in the party was VERBOTEN for the military) were hanged for Crimes against Humanity: which included the The invasions of Poland and Russia. The invasions were based on lies and trumped up charges against both Russia and Poland, the Poles and Russians were enslaved illegaly,and often tortured ,as wellas toppling thier governments .
Fast forward to 2003 and The US invades Iraq on lies and trumped up charges : WMD's,Alleged ties to Al Queadea .Many Iraqi's were illegaly imprisoned and often tortured and the government was toppled. There is not much difference between the two,and IMO BUSH and his cabinet are War Criminals and should be hanged as the Germans were for the same bloody crimes.
His lack of prosecution of the Afghani war is shameful as well: he pulled thousands of troops from this theater of war for the Iraqi war. He turned leadership of this war to the UN and as a result we are now stuck in an unwinnable war.

As far as Bush protecting the country from terrorists..............well 9/11/01 shows me he was asleep at the Wheel!!!

My dear fellow if you are going totry and make positive points about Bush I'd suggest leaving his involvement in wars out of the discussion.

klein

Für Meno :)
Read the book.

Read his book ? Are you kidding ?
That would be like reading a book, written by you, why you got a divorce, without hearing the 2nd side (that of your ex wife) !
A book can only be sort of neutral if written by a 3rd party and was well investigated first.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Read his book ? Are you kidding ?
That would be like reading a book, written by you, why you got a divorce, without hearing the 2nd side (that of your ex wife) !
A book can only be sort of neutral if written by a 3rd party and was well investigated first.

Personal attack aside, the book was written from the perspective of a man with solid convictions based upon his values and faith. The role his parents, especially his mother, played in instilling those values and faith is quite evident. Laura was largely responsible for taming his wild side (which I think he passed down to Jenna). GW is very much a family man. Did he make mistakes? Absolutely. Going to war in Iraq was a mistake, as was prematurely proclaiming "Mission Accomplised". Aligning himself with the likes of Dick Cheney was a mistake. Not responding quickly enough during Katrina and then all but ignoring the blacks was a huge mistake.

The book goes beyond the policies themselves and discusses the thought process behind those decisions.