George W. Bush

moreluck

golden ticket member
Personal attack aside, the book was written from the perspective of a man with solid convictions based upon his values and faith. The role his parents, especially his mother, played in instilling those values and faith is quite evident. Laura was largely responsible for taming his wild side (which I think he passed down to Jenna). GW is very much a family man. Did he make mistakes? Absolutely. Going to war in Iraq was a mistake, as was prematurely proclaiming "Mission Accomplised". Aligning himself with the likes of Dick Cheney was a mistake. Not responding quickly enough during Katrina and then all but ignoring the blacks was a huge mistake.

The book goes beyond the policies themselves and discusses the thought process behind those decisions.

The real truth about Katrina is that Mayor Nagen of New Orleans, a black man, and Gov. Kathleen Blanco, a white Democrat, have failed their constituancy. What is even worse is they lack the character to admit mistakes and step up. They’re not leaders. They’re vote getters.
Case in point. While it is true that New Orleans is demolished, so is the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Its not flooded, but virtually everything from coast for a quarter mile inland is gone. Is there a great hue and cry about George Bush failing those displaced people? No, because their leaders, the mayors of Gulf Port, Biloxi and other small towns, and their Govenor, Haley Barbor, are leaders. They prepared their people and their communities before the storm, to deal with what might be the reality after the storm. They are bouncing back together.
WHAT HAPPENED IN NEW ORLEANS?
People that could have left, didn’t. Why? Ask them. If they had the means and method to leave, and most people did, they are reaping the consequences of their own decision. That’s not Bush’s fault. They deserve help, short term and long term, and they are getting it, but they are there because they decided to stay.

http://www.laughatliberals.com/blog/archives/2005/blame-bush-and-ignore-the-truth-about-katrina/

klein

Für Meno :)
Personal attack aside, the book was written from the perspective of a man with solid convictions based upon his values and faith. The role his parents, especially his mother, played in instilling those values and faith is quite evident. Laura was largely responsible for taming his wild side (which I think he passed down to Jenna). GW is very much a family man. Did he make mistakes? Absolutely. Going to war in Iraq was a mistake, as was prematurely proclaiming "Mission Accomplised". Aligning himself with the likes of Dick Cheney was a mistake. Not responding quickly enough during Katrina and then all but ignoring the blacks was a huge mistake.

The book goes beyond the policies themselves and discusses the thought process behind those decisions.
Maybe, you should also read Tony Blair's book, or that of Chretiens (former PM of Canada).

And maybe wonder why Bush can't travel outside the US anymore, without having a chance of being arrested under the war criminal act.
He has been already tried and convicted in many countries, including some European ones.

Sometimes, you need to think outside of the box, and wonder why, eh ?

Upsmule

Maybe, you should also read Tony Blair's book, or that of Chretiens (former PM of Canada).

And maybe wonder why Bush can't travel outside the US anymore, without having a chance of being arrested under the war criminal act.
He has been already tried and convicted in many countries, including some European ones.

Sometimes, you need to think outside of the box, and wonder why, eh ?

Then what's to stop anyone from arresting any congressmen that voted for "Bush's war?" Are you saying the buck does stop there? Or are you just being hypocritical as usual....

klein

Then what's to stop anyone from arresting any congressmen that voted for "Bush's war?" Are you saying the buck does stop there? Or are you just being hypocritical as usual....

That's just the way it is !
Just look back at the Arabian Spring.

Did all politicians get prosecuted ? NO !
Even Saddam, how many other people were to blame in their parlament and got prosecuted.
In this case it's Bush & Cheney, and yes, the buck stops there. Sorry, just the way it is.

klein

So it also stops here and now with all the lying and current administration scandals.

Just clarifying.
You yourself said why not the Congressmen as well that voted yes, right ?

Then why not the people that voted for those Congressmen, too ?
Gee, maybe I'm thinking too far now , such like those that that think every American is to blame....... (sad, but, maybe true of those islam radicals).

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I got over the fact that he's a maroon long ago. I'm still rather chuffed over the whole 9/11 incident,not to mention the invasion of an innocent country that resulted in needless deaths of close to 5,0000 our brave service people.
He should have been hanged for War Crimes much as the leaders of the German Army were in 1946 for the same crimes

Instead of trying to hang Obama and Hillary on Benghazi, maybe we should ask George why he ignored the urgent Aug, 2011 intelligence memo about Osama bin Laden planning an imminent attack? Maybe George's aides didn't explain what "imminent" meant.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Obama can safely travel to Europe and not fear being arrested and charged with War Crimes
George W. Bush Cancels Swiss Trip as Rights Activists Vow War Crimes Charges - ABC News

Yep, creating fake wars tends to create problems when they get thousands of innocent people killed. A lot of the GOP imbeciles love to say "how they'd love to have a beer with Dubya, because he was such a swell, regular guy". Well, I don't really want to have a beer with the President, and I don't want him/her to be a "regular" American. They need to be a cut above, like Obama, not several cuts below...like Bush. Being folksy and all may score points with the short bus crowd, and that points out the general ignorance of Right Wing Americans, many of whom get their opinions from the talking heads on FOX.

wkmac

Yep, creating fake wars tends to create problems when they get thousands of innocent people killed. A lot of the GOP imbeciles love to say "how they'd love to have a beer with Dubya, because he was such a swell, regular guy". Well, I don't really want to have a beer with the President, and I don't want him/her to be a "regular" American. They need to be a cut above, like Obama, not several cuts below...like Bush. Being folksy and all may score points with the short bus crowd, and that points out the general ignorance of Right Wing Americans, many of whom get their opinions from the talking heads on FOX.

Your first sentence was excellent and the thinking was this is gonna be a good one. But by the time I got to the fourth sentence, that thought disappeared like a fart in the wind!

At least I got a good laugh so the humor of the claim didn't go to waste.

Just another, "your guy is bad and my guy is good" while just ignoring the facts. Then again both sides do it and thus why this country is so friend'ed up because fact is, both sides are horrible.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Ya know, I didn't realize what a great guy Bush really was until I read a book that he wrote about himself and what a great guy he really is. True story.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Your first sentence was excellent and the thinking was this is gonna be a good one. But by the time I got to the fourth sentence, that thought disappeared like a fart in the wind!

At least I got a good laugh so the humor of the claim didn't go to waste.

Just another, "your guy is bad and my guy is good" while just ignoring the facts. Then again both sides do it and thus why this country is so friend'ed up because fact is, both sides are horrible.

Who is brighter, Obama or Bush? Whose finger do you want on the button? Bush didn't have the right stuff to be President.

wkmac

Who is brighter, Obama or Bush? Whose finger do you want on the button? Bush didn't have the right stuff to be President.

See Jones' post #55 for my response.

BTW: You might read these comments from former CIA director Hayden on who's killing who. What makes no sense is the fact that some here want to see muslims killed at any opportunity and should be Obama's loudest cheerleaders and yet they berate Obama at every turn. Hypocrites eh? But then they aren't alone now are they!

Upsmule

Wow, the Marxist / special interest voting apologists still point to W.

Makes one miss real leadership all the more. "Bush's mess" could have been so fixable! So much easier than the state of the union of the 70's. especially with hindsight being 20/20. Oh, silly me....that first requires ones head to be removed from ones @ss first.