George W. Bush

browniehound

Do people really believe Bush wanted 9/11 to happen? That he purposely ignored intellegince reports informing of an attack from Al Queda to help his political career? I think that is absurd

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Do people really believe Bush wanted 9/11 to happen? That he purposely ignored intellegince reports informing of an attack from Al Queda to help his political career? I think that is absurd

No, but he did ignore the intelligence reports. Why? I think that speaks volumes about Bush being out of the loop.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Haters. Marxist apologist Bush haters. Stunning how ridiculous notions of other countries arresting W of war crimes would even remotely be profitable for sagging world wide markets. I doubt any country would want to give our elected hypocrite "war mongers" another country to invade as a result. :P

Please explain to me how I am a Marxist. Is it because I don't agree with you? Also, did you ever think that other countries have motivations that aren't purely economic? Bush isn't welcome in a large part of the world because he's seen as an imperialist war hawk and something of an idiot. Many countries actually do consider him a criminal. Why is that? Not coincidentally, they are the same countries where the people are peaceful, economically successful, and highly educated relative to the rest of the world. It's amazing that when we finally get a culturally aware leader who isn't an idiot and actually tries to see issues from other perspectives, that you shout him down as weak and appeasing. Bush did more to inflame our enemies than Obama ever could even dream of doing.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
No, but he did ignore the intelligence reports. Why? I think that speaks volumes about Bush being out of the loop.

The 9/11 hijackers came into this country and took airline pilot training in Florida before Bush took office, the plot was already in motion. Clinton's administration ignored warnings that non-airline students were taking airline pilot training. At that time nobody dreamed that you would have people flying planes into buildings.

Upsmule

Haters. Marxist apologist Bush haters. Stunning how ridiculous notions of other countries arresting W of war crimes would even remotely be profitable for sagging world wide markets. I doubt any country would want to give our elected hypocrite "war mongers" another country to invade as a result. :P

Please explain to me how I am a Marxist. Is it because I don't agree with you? Also, did you ever think that other countries have motivations that aren't purely economic? Bush isn't welcome in a large part of the world because he's seen as an imperialist war hawk and something of an idiot. Many countries actually do consider him a criminal. Why is that? Not coincidentally, they are the same countries where the people are peaceful, economically successful, and highly educated relative to the rest of the world. It's amazing that when we finally get a culturally aware leader who isn't an idiot and actually tries to see issues from other perspectives, that you shout him down as weak and appeasing. Bush did more to inflame our enemies than Obama ever could even dream of doing.

Your a Marxist apologist. BO uses his bully pulpit to insight class warfare and you and your ilk try and convince us that's a good thing rather than the proven failed ideology it is.

Next.

Upsmule

The 9/11 hijackers came into this country and took airline pilot training in Florida before Bush took office, the plot was already in motion. Clinton's administration ignored warnings that non-airline students were taking airline pilot training. At that time nobody dreamed that you would have people flying planes into buildings.

Exactly. Sadly it's all too obvious now where his focus was. But that's ok, the economy he was handed was "good" but he still managed to blow up an aspirin factory in Sudan and lets not forget Black Hawk Down, and how he too turned his back on the lives of our men in uniform. No, he had to keep those Oval Office knob jobs hush hush , and explain to us all what the word "is" is after all. But again, to quite Begala, "It's the economy stupid." :/

klein

Für Meno :)
You are 100% correct! Except we get to hear his side for once and not the opinions of the liberal media and the left that was beamed into our homes for 8 years like State-run television.

Nowadays with internet, Sat TV, and another media, why don't you look up Bush at other countries opinions about him ?
Or even read Cretiens book, that calls him an idiot !
Begged Canada 3 or 4 times to join the war against Iraq.
All Cretien wantred was proof, even told him, next time you come here, just bring proof, and we'll fight along side with you.
But, for the 3rd time in a row - Bush came empty handed - that is way Canada didn't go to Iraq ! - READ that book !

browniehound

Nowadays with internet, Sat TV, and another media, why don't you look up Bush at other countries opinions about him ?
All Cretien wantred was proof, even told him, next time you come here, just bring proof, and we'll fight along side with you.
But, for the 3rd time in a row - Bush came empty handed - that is way Canada didn't go to Iraq ! - READ that book !

I don't care what other people think or say. And I really, really don't care what the opinions of people outside this counrty think about OUR country. I like to think for myself. If I read every book written that was against the war it wouldn't change my mind. Saddam Husien is dead and that is enough to call it a success for me.

I have great respect for the office of the president no matter who is in office. I really don't like the politics of the guy in office right now (Obamacare??) but I respect him and I'm behind him 100% when its the U.S. against any other country.

This is why I find it simply dispicable that people will hammer George Bush every chance they get. War criminal? come on. The presdident doesn't even have the power to declare war. I always thought congress had to. Don't they?

I don't like getting into political debates because I find them a huge waste of time. Nobody is going to change anyone's mind by posting in a forum. So why bother?

However, I felt I had to defend G.B. a little because I believe he is overly critcized (more than he deserves) and talked about like he is worse than Saddam Husein, Adolf Hitler, Osama Bin Laden, and the Shah of Iran put together. The guy was president of the United States. He deserves a little more respect and I believe you should be defending him to the rest of the world and not agreeing with it.

Is Patriotism truly dead?

Upsmule

I don't care what other people think or say. And I really, really don't care what the opinions of people outside this counrty think about OUR country. I like to think for myself. If I read every book written that was against the war it wouldn't change my mind. Saddam Husien is dead and that is enough to call it a success for me.

I have great respect for the office of the president no matter who is in office. I really don't like the politics of the guy in office right now (Obamacare??) but I respect him and I'm behind him 100% when its the U.S. against any other country.

This is why I find it simply dispicable that people will hammer George Bush every chance they get. War criminal? come on. The presdident doesn't even have the power to declare war. I always thought congress had to. Don't they?

I don't like getting into political debates because I find them a huge waste of time. Nobody is going to change anyone's mind by posting in a forum. So why bother?

However, I felt I had to defend G.B. a little because I believe he is overly critcized (more than he deserves) and talked about like he is worse than Saddam Husein, Adolf Hitler, Osama Bin Laden, and the Shah of Iran put together. The guy was president of the United States. He deserves a little more respect and I believe you should be defending him to the rest of the world and not agreeing with it.

Right on bruva.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

His wonderful decisions (you say) to start a war with Iraq, irrespective of killing Saddam Hussein, cost the lives of over 250 thousand iraqi civilians. All killed by us troops or coalition forces.

Where is your humanity? And somehow, you think that was ok?

Who made GB, GOD??

Peace

TOS

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

If you feel because if I dont support a man who started an illegal war based on LIES that got 5,000 brave US Service people killed for NOTHING makes me unpatriotic,then you sir need to look up the definition of patriotism. The Republicans had the gall to question Max Cleland's patriotism because he didnt support the war either.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Funny how you don't show any of that patriotic fervor or respect for Obama. And nobody on the Right ever makes unfair comparisons...ever.

wkmac

Patriotism would suggest some form of loyalty and loyalty is earned most by respect and a form of loyalty back and not from some expectation of unquestioning servitude based on rank, status or class. In the case of the state and Patriotism dying? Yes you may well be right and I'm doing all I can to kill it.

However if you want to divorce patriotism from the State and discuss people and place, again patriotism being a measure of loyalty, I completely disagree and in fact I believe that form of patriotism is growing by leaps and bounds which I welcome and encourage.

wkmac

If you feel because if I dont support a man who started an illegal war based on LIES that got 5,000 brave US Service people killed for NOTHING makes me unpatriotic,then you sir need to look up the definition of patriotism. The Republicans had the gall to question Max Cleland's patriotism because he didnt support the war either.

Max also had the courage to call the 9/11 Commission what it was and to resign from it in protest. I admired that.