Get a copy of your UPS personnel file.

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by browned out, May 28, 2011.

1. browned out

browned out Active Member

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I think all Union employees have an inflated sense of entitlement.:wink2:
  3. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

I've never seen mine. Wonder what's in it?

I'm definitely not interested enough to find out.
  4. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

Why is it called a Pittsburgh?
  5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Gettysburgh was already taken.
  6. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

7. looper804

looper804 Is it time to go home yet

I would think that most of us are lifers who show up every day and do our jobs, so who cares what's in our file. We are here till its time to leave. ( Which is whenever we decide)
  8. bigblu 2 you

bigblu 2 you Active Member

looked at mine and all it said was WOW!
  9. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I can't imagine what's in mine. I wonder if they put copies of those bulls-eye targets they have hanging on the wall with my picture on it?

10. Sleeve_meet_Heart

11. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I like that VERY much. I think that is hanging in ***********'* office!!! LOL!!!
  12. Sleeve_meet_Heart

13. 22.34life

22.34life Active Member

if you are a good employee who pretty much stays out of trouble then your file should be of no real concern,but if you are a trouble maker and are always in trouble you should check yours often.even people who walk the line should look every now and then i found a no call no show on mine and i havent had one of those in over five years.
  14. hubrat

hubrat Squeaky Wheel

From what I understand it doesn't matter what is in or not in your personal file. They have records of all automated data. A click on a button generates it and if you were involved it is part if your file. No matter how good or honest you are it's best to document your workday as much as possible. They do for their own benefit.
  15. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

The company begins documenting a case for our eventual termination on the day that we are hired.
  16. Integrity

Integrity Binge Poster

browned out,

I support this advice.

In states where you are entitled to copies of your personnel file, every worker should obtain one.

If you are a worker who seeks justice and righteouness in the workplace you will undoubtedly suffer retaliation.

Having a copy of your work record may help you when and if you have to defend yourself against retaliation.

17. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

If you open your file all the "attaboys" and "job well dones" that we're never conveyed to you in person will come flying out.
  18. rod

rod retired and happy

After working full time for many years (I'm guessing 15+) I looked at my file one evening and in it was the note my center manager had written me about the 3rd day after I was hired part time in 1971. I was about 10 minutes late to work that day and all that dated and signed note said was "I have explained to "Rod" the importance of being on time and he says he understands". "Soberups" is correct when he says that they start building their case against you from day one. I doubt anything positive is ever put in your file.
  19. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Amen that's the truth in a nutshell.
  20. I'm a believer!!