Get A Grip

BigBrown609

I've had my seniority for a little over a year now and last week I filed a 9.5 grievance. Yesterday my supervisor came up to me and told me, in regards to the grievance, that I didn't have much seniority and that I need to "get a grip." Did I miss the article in the contract that says the less seniority I have the less the contract applies to me? She's always telling me that I shouldn't be doing things (like taking my lunch) because of my low seniority.

BrownTexas

A lot of people feel like you should "pay your dues". In a way you will... But you have every contractual right as the guy that has 30 years of service. Glad you are standing up for yourself though. Show others how it is done.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I've had my seniority for a little over a year now and last week I filed a 9.5 grievance. Yesterday my supervisor came up to me and told me, in regards to the grievance, that I didn't have much seniority and that I need to "get a grip." Did I miss the article in the contract that says the less seniority I have the less the contract applies to me? She's always telling me that I shouldn't be doing things (like taking my lunch) because of my low seniority.

Nope you are under the same contract everyone in your building and local.

You should take your lunch, running your lunch is giving the company money. The biggest problem for new guys is that you make so much less then top rate that they love to load you up.

DO your job the right way, don't cant corners, don't run, its a long road and when you are ready to retire you want to be able to walk out in good shape.

BrownTexas

Do you have a bid route? If not you're screwed. Can't file until 4 years of seniority under the new contract.
Not true. I wish people would stop spreading this myth. I've been a full time driver for less than a year. I'm on the 9.5 list and have been paid from a grievance already.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Less seniority means you get crap vacations weeks and crap routes to run.

It doesn't mean you have to work off of the clock or that the contract language doesn't apply to you.

By The Book

Do you have a bid route? If not you're screwed. Can't file until 4 years of seniority under the new contract.
There is also language stating if a seniority driver with less than 4 years in is scheduled on a route for a week and is removed from that route without asking, they are protected by the 9.5 language. This is in addition tho your post which is correct. An example would be a temporary bid for a bid route that the regular driver is on vacation, disability, family leave,etc.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There is also language stating if a seniority driver with less than 4 years in is scheduled on a route for a week and is removed from that route without asking, they are protected by the 9.5 language. This is in addition tho your post which is correct. An example would be a temporary bid for a bid route that the regular driver is on vacation, disability, family leave,etc.
Which is still a bid job. There is bid vacation coverage and there are those that can request what to run but have no contractual right to the route.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Just when your posts were being more member friendly, and adding to the posts in a constructive way, you whip one like this out! C'mon you can do better.

When were his posts getting more friendly? You must have him confused with someone else. He's a self-hating Teamster, if he really is a union member. Union, manager...either way, he's a troll, and you're making significant progress if he's blocked you.

Upstate is the resident know-it-all; Chicken Feet is the resident putz.

By The Book

If my sup ever gave me crap about taking my lunch I would take a full hour lunch and do this until they had the stones to apologize for giving me crap about it. I don't tell them how long of a lunch they should take.

BrownTexas

Do you have a bid route?
No. Straight full time cover driver. Rode a route for a full week and got on the 9.5 list. Rode a different route a few weeks later and filed on it. Got paid. Not they just honor my 9.4 like I were a 4 yr driver because if they didn't I would use seniority to bump everyday and file a harassment grievance on them if they switched me to different route every other day.