Get me rehired?

bluehdmc

Just a suggestion, but wait until peak then go in person to the hub you want to work at. Explain why you committed the cardinal sin of quitting during peak, promise never to do it again. Maybe if they are desperate for warm bodies they may rehire you. Or you could try to contact HR in NJ as was suggested earlier.

P

pickup

Just a suggestion, but wait until peak then go in person to the hub you want to work at. Explain why you committed the cardinal sin of quitting during peak, promise never to do it again. Maybe if they are desperate for warm bodies they may rehire you. Or you could try to contact HR in NJ as was suggested earlier.

I was going to write the same thing.

Based on what little I know, hr has entered information into the computer that matches his information (name, ss number ,whatever) As soon as he begins the process on the computer and enters this info, he is going to hit the wall of "not eligible for rehire". This prevents him from going into the next step of filling out more info like past work history , etc. and the final step of setting of an appointment , he obviously can never get to . He's going to indeed have to walk into the center and get past security if there is any there, I would imagine it is a small center, he probably could get in with others who are picking up packages that weren't delivered to their homes for whatever reason. Obviously, it would pay to keep working HR in jersey to remove this block so that he wouldn't have to stalk HR in this small town in ny.

I would imagine this is a small town. I looked it up on the map yesterday, between Binghamton and Bath, and near Elmira and Corning. I wonder how much need there is for extra help there and if it taken care of by local guys who come in for peak every year. I would imagine it is not a growing town as it is in the eastern part of the "rust belt" which is getting rustier with every passing day.

BrownEvo, if your heart is set on lifting boxes, is there a fed ex facility in town ? (which won't give a rat's whisker about what ups hr says.) Your brief experience at ups with an explanation (that makes sense since you are up there and worked in parsippany) might make you attractive to them if they need you. You can make some dough and get in shape and be ready for the opportunity (if it arises) at ups. If not, you're at least working somewhere in a town where I am sure (and I hope I am wrong) where jobs are probably very scarce .

Side note: I hope you had a good reason moving there as I think you know, it was extremely cold when you moved there and this winter will probably be the same . The summers are beautiful up there but you pay the price in the winter. Good luck buddy and if it all comes together, well great!, but don't count on it coming together.

Up_and_at_UPS

Coffee box sniffer
From what I can understand once u leave or retire u cannot come back.

I went back for round three, just started back this morning. It was not much trouble at all to get back on. Yet, I am sure if I was to leave now the door would forever be closed.

Basically, if you are not eligible for rehire it is because you left a bad taste in someone's mouth. Your only hope is to reach that someone and beg. You have got to be careful what kind of wake you leave behind you. You never know when you may need something from those whose boats you rock on the way out. That goes for all of life's situations

BrownEvo

I was going to write the same thing.

Based on what little I know, hr has entered information into the computer that matches his information (name, ss number ,whatever) As soon as he begins the process on the computer and enters this info, he is going to hit the wall of "not eligible for rehire". This prevents him from going into the next step of filling out more info like past work history , etc. and the final step of setting of an appointment , he obviously can never get to . He's going to indeed have to walk into the center and get past security if there is any there, I would imagine it is a small center, he probably could get in with others who are picking up packages that weren't delivered to their homes for whatever reason. Obviously, it would pay to keep working HR in jersey to remove this block so that he wouldn't have to stalk HR in this small town in ny.

I would imagine this is a small town. I looked it up on the map yesterday, between Binghamton and Bath, and near Elmira and Corning. I wonder how much need there is for extra help there and if it taken care of by local guys who come in for peak every year. I would imagine it is not a growing town as it is in the eastern part of the "rust belt" which is getting rustier with every passing day.

BrownEvo, if your heart is set on lifting boxes, is there a fed ex facility in town ? (which won't give a rat's whisker about what ups hr says.) Your brief experience at ups with an explanation (that makes sense since you are up there and worked in parsippany) might make you attractive to them if they need you. You can make some dough and get in shape and be ready for the opportunity (if it arises) at ups. If not, you're at least working somewhere in a town where I am sure (and I hope I am wrong) where jobs are probably very scarce .

Side note: I hope you had a good reason moving there as I think you know, it was extremely cold when you moved there and this winter will probably be the same . The summers are beautiful up there but you pay the price in the winter. Good luck buddy and if it all comes together, well great!, but don't count on it coming together.

Everything you said is so damn true!