Get Ready For Dynamic Stretching in 2015

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'll continue to stand there staring at the on-car, center manager/dm, etc when they say to stretch. Multiple studies have been done that all came to the conclusion that you have to do cardio first to warm up. No way I'm doing cardio in boots or before going out to do physical labor. They can kiss my ass. I've never once had any injury at UPS so they can kiss it.

Last edited:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
tumblr_n5s2n1IOHG1tvgijco1_400.gif
lol

UPSJedi2112

I blast Rush in my truck.
So I need to stretch during PCM then get in truck and sit for 20-30 minutes while I travel to the beginning of my route.

Tell me again how stretching helps.
This. My route is 35-40 minutes from the hub. I stretch what I can at the light around the corner from my first stop. PCM stretching is hilarious.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Every morning as soon as I get up and let pooch out, I get on my inversion table and stretch these old bones. Helps a lot and feel a lot better quick.

xtelevisionset

This. My route is 35-40 minutes from the hub. I stretch what I can at the light around the corner from my first stop. PCM stretching is hilarious.

Meh. I enjoy a good stretch and back popping. Feels pretty good and I,have to drive an hour to my first stop.

Yeah the problem is the toll on the knees not the muscles.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I always get my little ZEN mind and body stretch as soon as I get to my first stop for a few minutes. Just try and get my mind right to deal with this BORINGAZZ job for the day. Everyday thing before my freedom ends lol.

brostalss

I give a week or two as it is a new toy. Like all new toys (telematics, EDD, ORION, etc, etc) it's the hot topic or " flavor of the week" then it's forgotten.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I usually do some stretching on my own in the morning, regardless of whether or not it is being discussed at the PCM. I have my own routine that works for me, and with zero lost-time injuries in almost 27 years of driving to show for it I don't plan on changing that routine just because UPS wants to pretend that it cares about my safety.