Get your patches!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No patches for me. Are you not paying attention.?

Then, you have a "bad attitude", and are unfit to be an ISP for FDX. Either you cave on the patches and/or decals, or they'll have your ass in a sling. Good luck on trying to beat them, because this is all about them proving how "independent" you are...and you aren't cooperating.

More smoke and mirrors to show that they don't run you, when they do.

bbsam

Staff member
Then, you have a "bad attitude", and are unfit to be an ISP for FDX. Either you cave on the patches and/or decals, or they'll have your ass in a sling. Good luck on trying to beat them, because this is all about them proving how "independent" you are...and you aren't cooperating.

More smoke and mirrors to show that they don't run you, when they do.
A bad attitude? That describes our entire building.

CJinx

I heard about the individual company names being added to uniforms last year but I haven't heard anything about them being required for brand promotion.

Also MFE; sorry to burst your bubble but a CSP's non-participation in brand promotion has no bearing on their service agreement. Legal is quite clear on this.

It will be fine

I heard about the individual company names being added to uniforms last year but I haven't heard anything about them being required for brand promotion.

Also MFE; sorry to burst your bubble but a CSP's non-participation in brand promotion has no bearing on their service agreement. Legal is quite clear on this.
If anything, they'd probably be happy if a few opted out entirely. Then they can point to them and say, "look, company X doesn't display anything saying FedEx. How can they be our employees?"

It will be fine

Don't the uniforms and pkg cars still say FedEx?
They don't have to. That's what we're talking about. We can chose not to wear uniforms and have our trucks be plain white. They pay us a small amount to promote their brand. Now in addition to that they want our company names displayed. It may be easier/cheaper to just opt out of all branding.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I apologize. My understanding was that you were affixing your business logo on to the company uniform.

That would be a game changer which may prove to be more trouble than it is worth.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Sure. Everything this company says is golden. Do you deny this is a move to try and separate Ground from the corporation?

CJinx

Sure. Everything this company says is golden. Do you deny this is a move to try and separate Ground from the corporation?
We don't have to "try and separate" Fedex Ground and contracted service providers; they are already different entities... Although I imagine that it is somewhere along the same vein as CSP identification badges having a statement on them identifying the wearer as a vendor(or employee thereof) rather than an employee of Fedex Ground.

It will be fine

I apologize. My understanding was that you were affixing your business logo on to the company uniform.

That would be a game changer which may prove to be more trouble than it is worth.
You're right, crossed conversations going on here. The patches are our corporation names on the FedEx uniforms. We don't know the rules yet so it's hard to estimate the cost. It looks like they're around $1.50 a patch plus whatever it costs to sew them on. If we have to do that for every shirt and jacket of every employee now and in the future, it might be easier to just have employees wear their own street clothes. Though that will likely just trade the headaches with management with headaches with even more confused customers.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You're right, crossed conversations going on here. The patches are our corporation names on the FedEx uniforms. We don't know the rules yet so it's hard to estimate the cost. It looks like they're around $1.50 a patch plus whatever it costs to sew them on. If we have to do that for every shirt and jacket of every employee now and in the future, it might be easier to just have employees wear their own street clothes. Though that will likely just trade the headaches with management with headaches with even more confused customers.

Oh great. Just what we need......even more confused customers. :(

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We don't have to "try and separate" Fedex Ground and contracted service providers; they are already different entities... Although I imagine that it is somewhere along the same vein as CSP identification badges having a statement on them identifying the wearer as a vendor(or employee thereof) rather than an employee of Fedex Ground.

LOFL!! This has everything with Fred trying to make sure everyone realizes they are completely separate, even though they're connected like Siamese twins. Dano has nothing on you for stones.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh great. Just what we need......even more confused customers. :(

Haloooo! This is Juan Felipe Argandanzo Singh and I am here to unconfuse you about the wonderfulness of the FedEx Corporation!! Here in Mumbai/San Salvador/Mumbai/Whereffingever, FedEx is a Number One Employer!! We even have purple foam fingers and very immense cowboy hats that tell us this is the truth!! We are all just one big happy FedEx family of operating companies here to serve your every need!! YES, the courier can pickup your vital package at exactly 1837, and it will be delivered in only 3 hours by FedEx Ground all the way across America. AND, it will be delivered at exactly 0432 by FedEx Express. Oh, it weighs 13,000 kilos and is as big as a house? NO problem. FedEx Cares!