Get your patches!

bbsam

Staff member
Fine. I've said all along that it's all about trying to make you look independent and separate.
Yes. I've also said that all along. If they don't want to pay for that advertising I can and will opt out and encourage others to do so as well.

bbsam

Staff member
If I am waiting at a loading dock and one of your "no name" employees is also waiting I guarantee you that they will take the UPS driver over the bbsam.inc employee.
You'd be surprised. My "no name" drivers are well known on their routes. You assume the uniform makes the difference. I assure you it doesn't. I could run a route tomorrow in shorts and a T-shirt and not get so much as a raised eyebrow because of it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You'd be surprised. My "no name" drivers are well known on their routes. You assume the uniform makes the difference. I assure you it doesn't. I could run a route tomorrow in shorts and a T-shirt and not get so much as a raised eyebrow because of it.

I assure you that if the two of us were standing at the customer counter at Walgreens and I was in uniform and you were observing Casual Friday my DIAD would be signed before your Power Pad.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

The Paul Blarts of this world are going to love this. More chances for some fat Security clown to jack you around.

bbsam

Staff member
I assure you that if the two of us were standing at the customer counter at Walgreens and I was in uniform and you were observing Casual Friday my DIAD would be signed before your Power Pad.
Around here, NOBODY goes to the customer service window at Walgreens. It all goes through the receiving door, all companies, all the time.

bbsam

Staff member
The Paul Blarts of this world are going to love this. More chances for some fat Security clown to jack you around.
Could be my air of aloofness and low tolerance for stupidity that keeps them off my case.

Still comes down to one simple fact. Advertising isn't free.

bbsam

Staff member
Poor choice of companies----I think we can all agree that Walgreens is a PITA----but the point remains unchanged.
Small possible inconvenience. All customers are trainable. You know Ground adherence to uniforms is sketchy, right? And yet we've gotten by and will continue to do so.

dezguy

Small possible inconvenience. All customers are trainable. You know Ground adherence to uniforms is sketchy, right? And yet we've gotten by and will continue to do so.
Out of curiosity, are your drivers required to have I.D. displayed on their outer clothing like Express drivers?

SmithBarney

I too am well known, but the minute I walk into my DAILY pharmacy stop on personal business in my street clothes, the pharmacist that signs everyday(for over 10yrs), and I talk to every day.. doesn't recognize me. Sure customers will catch on. I understand FDX is trying to separate it's image from contractors(who wouldn't) but FDX doesn't do things without motive, clearly the motive is to avoid future lawsuits, and to preserve the "business" model. It's interesting how FDX has morphed and will probably continue to morph the contractor model through the years, most likely at the guidance of a well paid legal team to keep skirting the edge of legalities.