Getting a manual car just for the hope of getting called for a ft gig?

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Do you think its worth it? Especially in nyc? I just want to be ready when drivers are being hired. By the way, I'm only 19 and you need to be 21 to drive. I don't want to postpone it and then I don't have the time and money to learn to drive a manual and buy one.

raceanoncr

Hmmmmm......good idea.

I think I'm gonna buy a $1,000,000 Top Fuel Dragster team and drive it around the block a few times. Maybe I'll win at the U.S. Nationals this weekend.

UPSGUY72

Do you think its worth it? Especially in nyc? I just want to be ready when drivers are being hired. By the way, I'm only 19 and you need to be 21 to drive. I don't want to postpone it and then I don't have the time and money to learn to drive a manual and buy one.

By the time you get a drivers job in 10 years there won't be any manuals left. :rofl:

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
You should start with one of these
image.jpg

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
UPSGUY 72 is probably right. Probably be mostly automatics. See if a friend with a stick shift can teach you how to drive one. Tell him youll buy him a 30 pack of frostees or tell him youll buy him a bag of that California sunshine if you know what im sayin lol. A lot cheaper than buying a stick. Once you drive a stick a lot at work youll notice you hate driving a stickshift at home. All depending on the vehicle you own obviously.

A

anonymous6

at your age why do you wanna settle down??? get a backpack and hitch-hike all over the US and Canada. then go down to south America and check that out. then on to Europe and then china and rest of world. this should take about 5-10 years or if youre lucky the rest of your life.

I did not settle down until I was 38 years old. bicycle trips cross=country, hitch-hiking, motorcycle trips, etc ect. and with very little money. most of the time I would have to get a job for a month or so. you will learn a lot of different skills along the way and ALL of those skills will come in handy some day.

I can't believe how many young people want to become wage slaves at such an early age.

don't waste your life here. get out there and live!

BUCN85

I did that. I didn't know anybody with stick so I traded my car in for a 2007 dodge ram. But I also work part time for a home builder so it serves me a dual purpose. And I am now in the process of air driver training. I'm glad I got the stick truck One less thing to worry about.