Getting a manual car just for the hope of getting called for a ft gig?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I did not settle down until I was 38 years old. bicycle trips cross=country, hitch-hiking, motorcycle trips, etc ect. and with very little money. most of the time I would have to get a job for a month or so. you will learn a lot of different skills along the way and ALL of those skills will come in handy some day.
I live by this, not that it directly relates to what you said. Being the "jack of all trades" type is not something I fully understand.

[video]http://thepresentationdesigner.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Bruce-Lee-Fear-the-man-who-praticed.jpg[/video]

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
You can always rent one, drive it for a day or a weekend. You'll catch on quick driving a manual, well I did with my second car. Just a tip, always ease out the clutch and slowly press down on the gas together, or you'll stall out.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If you want to learn a stick, buy one. Hills are scary at first but you will get it.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
By the time you get a drivers job in 10 years there won't be any manuals left. :rofl:

Don't think so. I don't think I will be waiting over 6 yrs. There are a lot of pt car washers leaving then some of the drivers will either retire or replace them. The wait time that the hr lady/guy told you doesn't mean anything. You will always have people with high seniority with a messed up driving record or not qualified. Right now, I'm on the right path. I have to say, I'm really proud of myself.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The people who make it at UPS are the ones with motivation and preseverance (or however you spell it), luckily, I'm one of the few. Most, if not all of the pters in my building with high seniority are gloating that they are next in line and rubbing it into the low seniority guys' faces. The funny thing is that they all have messed up driving records and dont even know how to drive a STICK SHIFT TRANNY.

pretender

Do you think its worth it? Especially in nyc? I just want to be ready when drivers are being hired. By the way, I'm only 19 and you need to be 21 to drive. I don't want to postpone it and then I don't have the time and money to learn to drive a manual and buy one.

If you want to save some money, buy a suit instead and go right into management.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Not a bad idea except I would look for an old pick up truck. I bet you could buy one pretty cheap.

For the best realism, buy a mid 50's to mid 60's old Chevy or GMC pickup. Remember, low and reverse are not synchronized. You must be at a complete stop before attempting to shift into either one.

A

anonymous6

I live by this, not that it directly relates to what you said. Being the "jack of all trades" type is not something I fully understand.

[video]http://thepresentationdesigner.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Bruce-Lee-Fear-the-man-who-praticed.jpg[/video]
I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be the best in the world at one thing but as General George Patton quoted the Romans " glory is fleeting"

i'm happy knowing a little bit about a lot of things. if the SHTF , I'll be one of the survivors.

S

serenity now

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be the best in the world at one thing but as General George Patton quoted the Romans " glory is fleeting"

i'm happy knowing a little bit about a lot of things. if the SHTF , I'll be one of the survivors.

if the really Big SHTF, I hope I'm at ground zero

gingerkat

The creepy guy down the street might give you a good deal.
free_candy_van.jpg