Getting bored as a driver

How many routes do you do? Offer to do a route you've never done. Challenge yourself to turn in one positive sales lead a week. Call in when you're done and help someone with 40-50 stops.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
If he is speaking about a loss prevention position, those jobs are highly coveted. You can earn the same pay as a driver, and what could be more fun than trying to catch people stealing? I put in a resume for that department, but the people that work in that department never retire. Those positions come up once in a blue moon. I sure wouldn't feel guilty catching someone stealing from the company.

Funny story regarding LP. The guy who had my route before the driver who had it before me went into LP.

I covered his route once while I was only 4 months into the job FT. I had 2 separate money-order only COD's for a shady operation in the main drag in town totalling just under $1000. I bring the stuff to the customer and he tells me "you leave it and come back in an hour and I'll have your money orders". After politely declining and telling him I would return tomorrow the guy wigged out on me, specifically mentioning the driver by name and saying he did that favor for him all the time.

Great LP candidate, right?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I ran into a retired LP guy at of all places, the local dump. (we were both dumping limbs) He told me he was a policeman before he came to work at UPS, and he just loved catching guys stealing. He also told me that a lot of the people he caught were management, believe it or not. After 29 years in feeders, I can tell you this: If you are bored in PC, you will definitely be bored in feeders. Maybe not initially, but once the terror wears off, it's about as exciting as watching paint dry....except on Thursdays, when your check comes.:wink-very:

Gotout

That would be the most boring low paying job anyone could ever work .

Just sit there. Alllllll day. And have to search grumpy drivers bags

Plus, that's not ups (from what I was told ) that's a security company

*could be wrong *
Security is the job function that was previously called loss prevention. You are thinking about something entirely different. You are correct that those guards are not UPS

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How many routes do you do? Offer to do a route you've never done. Challenge yourself to turn in one positive sales lead a week. Call in when you're done and help someone with 40-50 stops.
Like Lawrence Taylor said after hearing Bobby Boucher, "...Don't smoke crack"!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I ran into a retired LP guy at of all places, the local dump. (we were both dumping limbs) He told me he was a policeman before he came to work at UPS, and he just loved catching guys stealing. He also told me that a lot of the people he caught were management, believe it or not. After 29 years in feeders, I can tell you this: If you are bored in PC, you will definitely be bored in feeders. Maybe not initially, but once the terror wears off, it's about as exciting as watching paint dry....except on Thursdays, when your check comes.:wink-very:
that's funny about managers being caught by LP. it's probably 2 to 1 managers to hourlies getting caught out here even though hourlies outnumber supes 10 to 1.

we have even had LP guys get caught stealing. they think they know all the angles , ha ha but the company tries to keep that hush hush . another lost cause.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
that's funny about managers being caught by LP. it's probably 2 to 1 managers to hourlies getting caught out here even though hourlies outnumber supes 10 to 1.

we have even had LP guys get caught stealing. they think they know all the angles , ha ha but the company tries to keep that hush hush . another lost cause.
:bsbullf:

Management and non-management is about the same ratio which is surprising to me but management does tend to take more risks so maybe not.

Interestly, I.E. tends to be as involved in management terminations almost as much as LP.
I was personally involved in 7 cases before they were turned over to LP who have the interrogation and intimidation skills along with the Official responsibility.

Luke Thighrocker

It's the drivers that wear uniforms.

Aye, they do. In Pullman brown as, I recall.

Or, green. Or, whatever similar skin agitating dye a Sri Lankan, Bangladeshian, or Kenyan sweat shop can muster.

I may wear a monkey suit but, I'll never be "their boy".

Saavy?

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1465607146.054430.jpg