Getting bumped

Hello all,

I was hoping that someone might have some insight into an issue that I am having. Our local last bid in February, and I have been on the route since May. Recently, an employee returned from over a year on comp, and he is bumping me from my route.

Any thoughts? Can you refer me to an article of the contract that could help? They are telling me that it is going to be an ABC bump, but almost a year has passed and the other employee never turned in a bid slip.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Inthegame

Our language is similar in that the returning employee could have bid the job you're on had they not been off on comp.We allow a bump on return. This keeps the off work employee from holding a bid they can't run. Good luck.

packageguy

If the bid was february, and he was out on comp, he could not bid a route, At least thats how it is in our center. No holding routes for comp. He could put his name on it, if he is cleared for work by the time he takes the route then the route is his..

menotyou

bella amicizia
If the bid was february, and he was out on comp, he could not bid a route, At least thats how it is in our center. No holding routes for comp. He could put his name on it, if he is cleared for work by the time he takes the route then the route is his..
Here, they are held.

menotyou

bella amicizia
And, might I add, I love the Me-aster attitude. One can only hope this never happens to you. I guess you'd be SOL, too. Why? Because, through no fault of your own, you were injured AT WORK.
Not playing hoops, not in a bar, not on a ladder at home; you were injured at work.

Nice. Merry friend'ing xmas.

And, might I add, I love the Me-aster attitude. One can only hope this never happens to you. I guess you'd be SOL, too. Why? Because, through no fault of your own, you were injured AT WORK.
Not playing hoops, not in a bar, not on a ladder at home; you were injured at work.

Nice. Merry friend'ing xmas.

With all due respect, you have no idea about the details of the entire situation. I have been out on comp, and I was responsible and turned in the absentee bid slip so that when I came back I would not bump someone else.

menotyou

bella amicizia
With all due respect, you have no idea about the details of the entire situation. I have been out on comp, and I was responsible and turned in the absentee bid slip so that when I came back I would not bump someone else.
With all due respect, you have no idea with whom you speak. I am a driver on comp. I was speaking to the responses on this thread. Don't assume. Especially, where I am concerned.

You know how it goes at UPS the rules only apply to some people He should not be able to bump you off your route but if you are the lowman on the pole he can bump you....good luck try buying your boss some candy!!!...LOL

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hello all,

I was hoping that someone might have some insight into an issue that I am having. Our local last bid in February, and I have been on the route since May. Recently, an employee returned from over a year on comp, and he is bumping me from my route.

Any thoughts? Can you refer me to an article of the contract that could help? They are telling me that it is going to be an ABC bump, but almost a year has passed and the other employee never turned in a bid slip.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Break his leg!

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
A lot of people get pissed when seniority works against you. Until it doesn't. That's the thing about seniority, the more you've got, the better it is. It is never given; it's only earned.

Nimnim

The Nim
We have a driver thats been out for 3 plus years on comp and still bids on a rte. If they come in tomorrow that rte is his.

I understand the whole seniority thing, but there has to be a limit. I'm not saying a person lose their seniority but after a period of being out of service through injury or whatnot they shouldn't be able to keep others from moving up.

In this case someone out 3 years, yeah they don't lose their spot but when they come back they don't have a bid route but next time bids come up they have first choice based on seniority. Seriously how would you feel waiting your turn and someone who was injured, I don't fault them, suddenly comes back and completely kicks you out of a bid just because they are now released say 5 weeks after you started your bid route?

I'm not saying the person injured should be without work once released, but at what point are the other "teamster brothers and sisters" being penalized for this?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We bid for life. The only way we can be bumped off of a route is if another route is permanently eliminated. Happened quite a few time in the last 15 years.