getting bumped.

browntroll

so basically me and a few guys normally start off in unload and help out other areas
at the end of day. today i got sent to small sort at the beginning of the day, a guy with more seniority was also told to go but he refused and stayed in unload.
its almost end of sort and supervisor tells me to go home since im now being replaced by guy
that first refused the position, this is of course after we both already have 4 hours and he wants to get any extra time i would have gotten. is there anything i can do?

so basically me and a few guys normally start off in unload and help out other areas
at the end of day. today i got sent to small sort at the beginning of the day, a guy with more seniority was also told to go but he refused and stayed in unload.
its almost end of sort and supervisor tells me to go home since im now being replaced by guy
that first refused the position, this is of course after we both already have 4 hours and he wants to get any extra time i would have gotten. is there anything i can do?
Seniority rules

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Nope

browntroll

would i be able to refuse the position also? i do have seniority over others but management only
want me or that guy there since we both "work better" then others. they only want to use me and
the other guy on heavy days.

browntroll

Why do you not want to be in smalls? That is an easy job
normally yes, dumping bags not so much. maybe im just not used to it or when ever im there they
seem not send me any help. days im not there they have 3 ppl doing the job but if its me well its just me.
i complained before since i see lots of ppl with less seniority scanning smalls(easy job) but they seem not to let
me do that, when i call them out they say its the managers call, i have to work as directed, i dont have seniority in
that area, its not seniority based well u get the idea.

Dr.Brownz

^ I see. Yeah they tried that a few times when I was the smalls guy. At first I would sort and collect some smalls from PCs, but then they wanted me to sort and bag and load everyone of the bags to the belt. NOPE. After smalls not getting done till 30-45 minutes past trailer pull time a few times they decided my way worked better. Don't work harder if they put more on you. Work slower to conserve energy.