Getting COLD

oakcreekteamie

Its that time again where in some parts of the country where the temps drop and the air chills. My question is what do you guys do before the winter months to prepare for Old Man Winter? Or better yet what are the necessary preparations you do to get ready for your job in battling the elements outside?

drewed

Shankman
Up here, if people are going to be working out side all day they wear wool socks (with a extra set to switch out miday) with a gortex type liner, thermals (mainly bottoms since the jacket keeps your upper warm) and some sort of neck warmer (scarfs work too) ive heard some great things about the UA winter stuff, i havent personally used it though....

Oh and id suggest one of those aluminum emergency blankets and maybe a couple extra pairs of socks and maybe a extra pair of boots, the 2 absolute worse things having a vehicle break down and freezing...and getting your feet wet in the winter time and not being able to switch out shoes/socks wet feet will frostbite quicker than dry ones.

rod

Retired 22 years
Being that this is the "Life after Brown" (retired guys) forum I would venture a guess that the only thing most of us have done to prepare for winter is put on some winter fat:wink2:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Being that this is the "Life after Brown" (retired guys) forum I would venture a guess that the only thing most of us have done to prepare for winter is put on some winter fat:wink2:

I prefer to think of it as blubber please.
I am the walrus,
Coo coo, kachoo.

wyobill

This retired upser put on 10 lbs in preparation for winter. Buy the way what cold weather? We hit 70 today and I did get my 18 holes of golf in :wink2:

PAUPSER

Buy some good insulated boots, gloves, hat, maybe a scarf. I bought some unarmor clothes to wear under my ups uniform, which keeps me really warm! However, when it gets too cold out I usually call in and book off that day due to its to cold to come in for work, j/k

rod

Retired 22 years
I prefer to think of it as blubber please.
I am the walrus,
Coo coo, kachoo.

I am he
as you are he
as we are all together.
See how they run
like pigs from a gun
See how they fly
I'm crying

Not many drugs envolved there:peaceful:

DS

Fenderbender
I think other than good boots,the best way to stsy warm when its REALLY cold is layering.I like 2 pairs of the light flannel pajama bottoms under my ups pants and several(depending on how cold)long sleeve t-shirts.