Getting Fired

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Are you a member of the Teamsters Union? If so How have you been a member for 2 years and do not know how to contact your local Union Hall. An even better question is what makes you think you deserve a job if you cannot show up for 5 days and never tell anyone that your not going to be there. I have no sympathy for people who cannot even have the common descency to pick up a damn phone and let someone know your not coming in, as far as UPS(and me too) is concerned you quit your job after the 3rd day, I am sorry for the family health issues, but if you cared at all about your job you would have called on the first day and told them what was going on!!!!!!

I just checked the weather forecast and, no, Hell has not frozen over----I agree with our favorite green grocer. This is called job abandonment and it is time for the OP to update his resume.
Now I've seen everything!

hellfreezesfix.jpg

Frunas

Thank you for all the help, as for the negative posts i could of done without but yes it was very entertaining. All humor aside if u dont have anything constructive or positive to what i am posting about, please keep it to yourself unless you are just trying to make me laugh then by all means keep them coming, i have a very good sense of humor and am very understanding unlike the posters who feel they have to make fun of my situation.

Frunas

by the way how do i find out who my shop steward is? yes i have been employed here for 2 years know and still don't know who my shop steward. Probably because i never needed to speak to one until now. i don't know if i should just go over there and ask to speak to him or if there's a more formal way of going about it.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Thank you for all the help, as for the negative posts i could of done without but yes it was very entertaining. All humor aside if u dont have anything constructive or positive to what i am posting about, please keep it to yourself unless you are just trying to make me laugh then by all means keep them coming, i have a very good sense of humor and am very understanding unlike the posters who feel they have to make fun of my situation.

I am a steward and am very much the opposite of trying to make you laugh. You need to grow up and realize that the world does not revolve around you. This is a very large corporation that has time commitments on everything it does, everytime someone fails to come to work it has the potential to cause service diruptions or delays, not to mention the extra costs the company will incur due to scrambling to find someone to cover for you. The fact that you did not even have the descency to call only goes to show that you have no respect for the job or any of the other employees.

There is one thing that every one of us has the power to control at this company, thats showing up and doing it on time. I feel no pity for people with attendance problems. I am a 20 year employee and have probably only called in sick 10 days in those 20 years, and have never, ever been a no call or late. I do not feel sorry for you or anyone else that can't or won't pick up the phone and tell someone they cannot make it to work. Why should the Union waste their time trying to get you a job back that you obviously don't give a damn wether you show up to it or not. As I said earlier, you quit this job!!!

Move on!!!

Frunas

although it might not be your intention to make me laugh, it does. You really aren't helping me in any way. You have no pity for me nor don't respect me and that's fine, i don't need either of the 2. You made it very clear that you have no intentions in helping me, and i get that. But please take your own advice and "Move on!!!" Unless u want to give me information that would be useful to me then I'm all ears.

Get better soon

bigbrownhen

I am sorry for the negative response, but you are out of your mind for not calling in as soon as possible to explain why you couldn't be at work. That is just common sense. Your co-workers depend on you to show up on time and pull your weight. I wonder how long it took them to realize the first night you weren't gonna show. At the drop of a hat, they had to pick up your slack. Sorry, not calling in is just rude, selfish and immature to me. Yes, you can fight this termination, but in my opinion, you deserve it. I hope you just get a suspension out of this and not permanent termination. I don't want anyone to lose a job they honestly want to keep. Perhaps you will learn a lesson here, and still have a job.

As for contacting your steward, you could try to contact one of your co-workers, maybe they will give you the info you need.

BTW, hope you grandmother is doing well, I do understand how stressful that can be.

grgrcr88

although it might not be your intention to make me laugh, it does. You really aren't helping me in any way. You have no pity for me nor don't respect me and that's fine, i don't need either of the 2. You made it very clear that you have no intentions in helping me, and i get that. But please take your own advice and "Move on!!!" Unless u want to give me information that would be useful to me then I'm all ears.

Get better soon

I did MOVE ON!!!!

I hear Mcdonalds is always looking for fry cooks, maybe you could fit in there.

Frunas

Thank You for the Intelligent response bigbrownhen, yes i have learned my lesson and yes it was very stressful and yes it was very selfish and immature of me not to call, it was to much for me to handle and hope i never have to again i don't know how my mother does it everyday. My grandmother is doing much better know thank you for your concern. lol grgrcr88 very witty,how long did it take u to think up of that? keep em coming

grgrcr88

Thank You for the Intelligent response, yes i have learned my lesson and yes it was very stressful and yes it was very selfish and immature of me not to call, it was to much for me to handle and hope i never have to again i don't know how my mother does it everyday. My grandmother is doing much better know thank you for your concern.

There is no K in the word now.

grgrcr88

I don't want anyone to lose a job they honestly want to keep. Perhaps you will learn a lesson here, and still have a job.

Nor do I, but the OP has proven they are not interested in this job by not showing up or calling for 5 days strait. Can you tell this really hit a nerve?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Nor do I, but the OP has proven they are not interested in this job by not showing up or calling for 5 days strait. Can you tell this really hit a nerve?

NO! I wouldn't have thought that......................................:wink2::happy-very: Tell us how you really feel Gr.

upsgrunt

Think of it this way: Say you owned a gun shop and had 1 employee. You wanted to take a weeks vacation and decided to leave the shop in the hands of your employee. The only problem is they didn't show up while you were gone and the shop never opened. Customers are upset; business is lost.
What would you do or expect?

grgrcr88

I am sure you have no idea how hard the Teamster brothers and sisters of the present and especially the past have worked to give you the opportunity to have this job and its exceptional pay and benefits. By acting the way you did it's a spit in the face to every single one of them. I have too many other problems to deal with from management, I do not need you helping them out and giving me extra work simply because your too lazy to pick up the phone. As far as I'm concerned good riddance!!

Frunas

yes i can tell it hit a nerve and its understandable. why u felt the need to vent on my post, i don't know. But now i hope you're done.
see what I did there? hope it helped your grammar out just a bit.

bigbrownhen

Hit a nerve with me as well, I just try to be as nice as possible in my responses. It was ingrained in me at an early age, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. So I just blend a little bit of nice with a good old fashion chewin out.