Getting married and need to transfer

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I would like to see this addressed in the new contract. Making transfers possible would not be a huge undertaking. Transfers keep their company seniority (vacations, sick/option days, pay), perhaps with the caveat that their seniority would match what has been negotiated by that local: if in city B you get $31/hr and 3sick/7 personal days, but in city C they only make $30/hr and get 5 sick/3 personals, you get whatever is in that local, despite what you had before.

For bldg seniority, transfers go to bottom of list (FT and PT) in their work area. In addition, transfers would be counted as a "street hire" for the purposes of the ratio for promoting from within vs hiring off the street, with preference given to the transfer over the street hire.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I am from RI and she is waiting for a promotion. So her moving is not an option. I dont mind going to school too in LA. I also dont mind to go bottom of seniority since im pretty low in RI. All im worried about it is keeping my vacation weeks and my pay
Transfers do happen if you are within the Western Conference. You aren't. Sorry, unless it's an educational transfer it won't happen.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Anyone in there right mind wouldn't think about moving to CAL. There state Budget is a disaster the only way out is to cut services and raise taxes...
I couldn't agree with you more. There is not way in hell I would ever move to CA, not for love nor money.

Random_Facts

We had a driver at our hub, who had 21 years of seniority, and wanted to transfer out of state. He was on the transfer list for 5 years. But finally was able to do it. So technically it is possible, but more and more seems unlikely. You should talk to your HR department and get the ball going on that end. If they are any good they will be completely honest about it. After all, advice here can only be taken so far. But wish you luck in whatever you decide!

UPSGUY72

We had a driver at our hub, who had 21 years of seniority, and wanted to transfer out of state. He was on the transfer list for 5 years. But finally was able to do it. So technically it is possible, but more and more seems unlikely. You should talk to your HR department and get the ball going on that end. If they are any good they will be completely honest about it. After all, advice here can only be taken so far. But wish you luck in whatever you decide!

The driver you speak of was covered under the western supplement that allows a limited amount of transfers each year. The OP falls under the New England Supplement transfers are not an option unless your a PTimers and it's for to go to school.

rocket man

i feel bad about prior post in this thread. i hope marriage goes good and you get your transfer and you have lots of kids in la and you get a great new center manager who says you wedding present is forget about seniority. the drivers that work there wont mind at all . la is a friendly place and the cost of living is almost free put a hundred down and your in.

P

pickup

Sounds like a "Car talk show" . Woman asks why her car is stalling out in the mountains when she drives a 150 miles to see her boyfriend on the weekends and then the hosts stop focusing on the car and more on the relationship.

rocket man

Sounds like a "Car talk show" . Woman asks why her car is stalling out in the mountains when she drives a 150 miles to see her boyfriend on the weekends and then the hosts stop focusing on the car and more on the relationship.
i heard that show

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

150 miles? I thought it was 600 miles from Chicago to western NY.