Getting married as a preloader/ cover driver

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We don't live together now, but do live in the same apartment building. I live with her sister's boyfriend, she lives with her sister. (I just don't believe in living together before marriage, is all.)
She works full time, as an assistant manager at a Fastrac that's walking distance from the apartment building. She does fine on her own.

We've talked about finances, are both smart financially, but would prefer to keep our finances separate. We're currently trying to save every bit we can, as we're talking about possibly getting married this August..Been together about 2 1/2 years now.
Just FYI if I were to do it all over I wouldn't spend a dime on the wedding and take whatever the parents and inlaws were going to contribute and put that towards a home.

upschuck

Just FYI if I were to do it all over I wouldn't spend a dime on the wedding and take whatever the parents and inlaws were going to contribute and put that towards a home.
The wedding is for the woman, and is important for them for some reason(fairy tail thing). Most men would like to do it that way though. Spending a lot of money on that one day seems a bit extravagant to me too.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Al
Keeping finances separate, not a good idea, IMO. Then you are paying, or she is paying, instead of we are paying, fights will happen. Only way that is a good idea is if you are not planning on it lasting a lifetime, then why get married. Just my two cents.
All depends on the individual and whos more responsible with money. We have a joint account and I have my account I have my direct deposit put into. She has no access to it at all why? IM DUMB BUT IM NOT CRAZY lmfao.

upschuck

All depends on the individual and whos more responsible with money. We have a joint account and I have my account I have my direct deposit put into. She has no access to it at all why? IM DUMB BUT IM NOT CRAZY lmfao.
I just think that is an odd way to run a marriage. Whatever works for you though.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I'm just at a point in my relationship where I don't want a lack of money to hold me back any longer, from taking the next step..It does, however, make things a bit more challenging. Were any of you in my situation when you got married, or when you decided to get married? Just curious is all, seeking some advice. Thanks.
All i ve heard from guys i know are keeping my status like that (i am single). But why do you have to ask guys here if you really want her?
Chris, this guy doesn't work for UPS, he is single, a troll, a liar, and makes no sense 90% of the time. I wouldn't listen to a thing he has to say...If you think it's the right time to ask her to marry you, go for it. If she feels the same way, it wouldn't matter if you earned your living picking cans from the trash, things will work out.

A lack of money isn't always that big of a deal. Sure you can't buy her the biggest ring or buy a house right away but those things take time no matter what. Not everyone starts out in life rich thats what makes marriage fun...getting those things together. My folks got married after the apartment they had burned down and they lost everything. They were homeless for about 3 months bouncing between friends, family, their car, and other places. My father told me that after mom stayed with him through all that, he needed to keep her so he proposed and wouldn't ya know it, she felt the same way. Still married after all these years!

Dude, money isn't everything and if it is meant to be it will work out. Go for it and let us know how you proposed and when the date is!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Chris, this guy doesn't work for UPS, he is single, a troll, a liar, and makes no sense 90% of the time. I wouldn't listen to a thing he has to say...If you think it's the right time to ask her to marry you, go for it. If she feels the same way, it wouldn't matter if you earned your living picking cans from the trash, things will work out.

A lack of money isn't always that big of a deal. Sure you can't buy her the biggest ring or buy a house right away but those things take time no matter what. Not everyone starts out in life rich thats what makes marriage fun...getting those things together. My folks got married after the apartment they had burned down and they lost everything. They were homeless for about 3 months bouncing between friends, family, their car, and other places. My father told me that after mom stayed with him through all that, he needed to keep her so he proposed and wouldn't ya know it, she felt the same way. Still married after all these years!

Dude, money isn't everything and if it is meant to be it will work out. Go for it and let us know how you proposed and when the date is!
Like it Scooby, like it a lot bro, good 1 dude.

SafeYARDdog

It will indeed last a life time, we wouldn't want to get married otherwise. Everyone may have different views when it comes to this, but we don't in the least bit look at marriage as just some legal document. We believe what God's word says about love & marriage.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 New King James Version (NKJV)

"Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

Good one sweetie. Have your eye(s) checked yet? :)

Brownslave688

Al

You know it's funny what works for some couples others think is nuts.

We had a joint account while she was in grad school. We fought about money all the time. It was terrible.

We have had many friends tell us we are nuts and they will have no problem sharing their money when they marry. Guess what they all fight about money now that they are married. Lol

Here's the way I see it she maxs out her 401k and I do mine. She pays her bills I pay mine. After that what do I care?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Nothing could hold you b

Good one sweetie. Have your eye(s) checked yet? :)
tumblr_mmvz1gUaZs1s75j1eo1_500.gif

Brownslave688

The wedding is for the woman, and is important for them for some reason(fairy tail thing). Most men would like to do it that way though. Spending a lot of money on that one day seems a bit extravagant to me too.
What better way to start off the marriage than with a huge fight? Lol

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You know it's funny what works for some couples others think is nuts.

We had a joint account while she was in grad school. We fought about money all the time. It was terrible.

We have had many friends tell us we are nuts and they will have no problem sharing their money when they marry. Guess what they all fight about money now that they are married. Lol

Here's the way I see it she maxs out her 401k and I do mine. She pays her bills I pay mine. After that what do I care?
Exactly dude, im not rollin how society wants me to roll, im a do my shiznitt how I want to do it and whatever works for me. JUMP AINT A ROBOT lol.

Sparkey86

I tied the knot in 1991. At that time I was part time and my wife was in nursing school. We made it. However I was lucky, I was getting 5 hours a day as a car washer. I was making more than most with full time jobs. The rent was cheap and there were no kids. As I look back now I had more money then than I do now it seems like anyway. If you want to make it you will. Pick up another job doing something. As for the money situation, my wife and I always kept our money separate and we are happy that way. To each his own there. Marriage is tough and kids adds plenty more problems and expense, but I wouldn't go back if I could. I got 1 leaving me this year for college and the other is a 13 year old. Life moves very fast. Good luck to you and God bless you both.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
If you are planning on going driving, make sure she is cool with it. The long, exhausting hours can put a major strain on a marriage as well as not knowing when you are going to be done for the day. It takes a special person to be a UPS spouse. Best of luck to you and your fiancee.