getting moved from small sort to high value

plkl62

I m a local 705 member and I have the option to move from the small sort to high value, can anyone tell me if it will be a dollar an hour less in pay? Or if it will be the same pay I am receiving now.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
No one outside of 705 or your hub is going to be able to give you an accurate answer.

That being said, its always been my understanding that High Value/Revenue Recovery are considered "unskilled" as far as skill pay is concerned.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I m a local 705 member and I have the option to move from the small sort to high value, can anyone tell me if it will be a dollar an hour less in pay? Or if it will be the same pay I am receiving now.
If you are voluntarily moving to the high value clerk position, you will lose the $1/hr sort pay.

Dr.Brownz

Yeah id stay in smalls if I were you; we dont have a hv person here but consider that you are opening yourself up to more liabilities then on smalls

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Does it make ny difference if I was doing revenue recovery at one time?
No difference (Local 705 jurisdiction). The only thing that would matter is if you were 'forced' into the position from where you currently are; which isn't likely with a clerk job, they'd find someone else.

plkl62

There is a possibility that I get forced into this position there is to much friction in the small sort and management is aware of this, small sort just isn't a good fit for me because I am to tall for that job I am over 6'3"that job, and am having spacing packages just right because I tend to have to lean on the rail. I would like to try the high value job to get away from the friction. I have gotten verbal warnings about leaning on the bar.

plkl62

The person who is doing the job now is leaving at the end of this month, and I have the highest seniority for the job. The union steward who approved my right ups is a whole different thread. The union BA did a rebuttals for me since this is not a valid write up. I would like to go a different part of the building just to get away from this friction I hope. Could this be considered forced?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If you are voluntarily moving to the high value clerk position, you will lose the $1/hr sort pay.
Here you never lose the extra pay once you qualify. Here when I worked inside you could either qualify by being a feeder loader who knows all the loads on a belt, becoming a pickoff, working in the sort aisle or by passing a sort test. Now with the new scanners that stop misloads that may have changed a little, but I worked everything in the building on nights over the years except high value, small sort, sup and mechanic and never lost the extra dollar no matter what I was doing.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Here you never lose the extra pay once you qualify. Here when I worked inside you could either qualify by being a feeder loader who knows all the loads on a belt, becoming a pickoff, working in the sort aisle or by passing a sort test. Now with the new scanners that stop misloads that may have changed a little, but I worked everything in the building on nights over the years except high value, small sort, sup and mechanic and never lost the extra dollar no matter what I was doing.
What if someone who was a primary sorter, specifically asked to move to unloader, so s/he wouldn't have to sort anymore. Would they still get the $1 premium pay?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
What if someone who was a primary sorter, specifically asked to move to unloader, so s/he wouldn't have to sort anymore. Would they still get the $1 premium pay?
Depends on if you're part time or full time. If you're a part time package handler in my building, you don't lose the $1 regardless of what you're doing once you qualify. I honestly am not sure how the $1 would work for full time.

PT Car Washer

Depends on if you're part time or full time. If you're a part time package handler in my building, you don't lose the $1 regardless of what you're doing once you qualify. I honestly am not sure how the $1 would work for full time.
Wrong. If you bid an unskilled job you will lose the extra dollar. If you are moved to an unskilled job for the day or hour or week you would keep the extra dollar. Art 22.3 have a set per hour rate regardless of what job they perform unless they are Air driving and then that would be at a different rate. It is all spelled out in the contract.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Wrong. If you bid an unskilled job you will lose the extra dollar.
Wrong? lol. I'll quote my post again that you're telling me is "wrong."

TooTechie said:

You're going to tell me what happened to me when I changed assignments in my building when I worked inside part time? Regardless of what job I performed in the building I kept my extra dollar.
Bid? Part timers here don't bid. They are simply package handlers, regardless of what they're assigned to do and they bid on nothing except going full time.

Seriously tired of your douchy posts and condescending attitude. You should figure out a way to run your personality through the car wash.