Getting moved off bid route, what can I do?

UPSER110

I finally got a route this year which only runs a few times a week. Tomorrow I looked at the board and they have a cover driver with less seniority than me on my bid route. They have me on a junk route that I've never ran and looks like I only know 25% of.

What can I do about this?? I looked in the contract trying to find something about being moved off a bid route, but no luck. It just really irritates me because I am going to think about this all night knowing I'm going to be on a route blind.

UPSER110

If it is a bid route that you won, they cannot just remove you from it.

Yes it is my route, where does it say anything that they cant move me from it?? I will file I just need to know what to put.

Or run the other route and :censored2: their eyeballs out. Bet they won't move him again.

Throw in a few late airs and a couple of missed. The center manager will be happy.

Yeah I just dont want to even run it, I will seriously bring 60 stops back because I have no idea where the roads are

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes it is my route, where does it say anything that they cant move me from it?? I will file I just need to know what to put.

Yeah I just dont want to even run it, I will seriously bring 60 stops back because I have no idea where the roads are
That's awesome.

Let them know in the morning that they will have missed. Update every hour. After 6 pm update every half hour.

Embrace the stupid and this job can still be fun.

CHALLY9TX

I finally got a route this year which only runs a few times a week. Tomorrow I looked at the board and they have a cover driver with less seniority than me on my bid route. They have me on a junk route that I've never ran and looks like I only know 25% of.

What can I do about this?? I looked in the contract trying to find something about being moved off a bid route, but no luck. It just really irritates me because I am going to think about this all night knowing I'm going to be on a route blind.

What supplement are you under?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
You need to ask your Stewart if it is a training route. If it is they can bump you to train on. Not for a driver who is already qualified. Your bid route, not a training route. Say NO! They cant just move you unless its dire to complete the days dispatch. You still need to agree to move off

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In all honesty here is what I would do.

Show up really early grab board punch in. Disappear until just before start time. When they tell you you're running something else ask for a steward.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Something like this is currently going on with me. I had another bid route for the last 4 years and recently bid to another route in our biannual bid process. 3 weeks ago I was ripped from my old route and thrown on my new one. Now the last two days I have been forced to run my old route because the new driver has been sick. I am not happy about it, one bit.

My biggest problem with it is that over the 4 years that i had the route only part time cover drivers covered the route when I was off. Never once was a bid route driver pulled off their route to run it. But now all of a sudden they find it acceptable to move me off my new route to fill the gaps. In our Supplemental Agreement we have this language built in:

In the event of an emergency or possible service delay, the Company may temporarily reassign the driver another area within the center but it is the Company’s intention that the cover drivers or junior drivers will cover runs unless desired by a senior employee. Full- Time bid package car drivers cannot be forced from their bid route more than seven (7) days per year. Forced shall not include a mutual agree- ment or when a bid area is temporarily eliminated.

Now my management team is trying to play games and say that they have until the end of April to "assign" me to my new route. But myself and three stewards are in agreement that they already "assigned" me to my new route three weeks ago when they moved me and trained me on the new one. So in return I told them, fine, but don't expect me to be in a hurry to get this route done. And then expect me to file 9.5 grievances on top of it. Either way a grievance will be given out of this, if not two.

Something like this is currently going on with me. I had another bid route for the last 4 years and recently bid to another route in our biannual bid process. 3 weeks ago I was ripped from my old route and thrown on my new one. Now the last two days I have been forced to run my old route because the new driver has been sick. I am not happy about it, one bit.

My biggest problem with it is that over the 4 years that i had the route only part time cover drivers covered the route when I was off. Never once was a bid route driver pulled off their route to run it. But now all of a sudden they find it acceptable to move me off my new route to fill the gaps. In our Supplemental Agreement we have this language built in:

Now my management team is trying to play games and say that they have until the end of April to "assign" me to my new route. But myself and three stewards are in agreement that they already "assigned" me to my new route three weeks ago when they moved me and trained me on the new one. So in return I told them, fine, but don't expect me to be in a hurry to get this route done. And then expect me to file 9.5 grievances on top of it. Either way a grievance will be given out of this, if not two.
I'd we get pulled off our bid route 5 times in a year,we get 2 hours penalty pay.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Because you have senority on this driver that is scheduled on your bid route, bump him off. It is your route. You cannot be removed unless it is voluntary.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Isn't there also language about a lower seniority driver not being able to run your route when you are forced to another?