getting package

I ordered a 15 dollar fan on amazon with free 2 day shipping. I just recently started a new job, where i will not be home all day (working 8am to 5pm mon-fri). None of my nearby neighborhoods can help me since they are unable to wait all day for UPS to come. It cannot be delivered to my new job because the company requires packages to be approved plus it has to be for company use. And its in another area of town thats a bit far from my address. My local UPS hub that allow package pickups is only open till 5pm, and it will take me atleast 1-2 hours to get there from home/work. According to the info notice, it says an signature is required for the package. Can anyone give me some ideas on what i can do?

I always keep on forgetting that the UPS had some kind of faculty open on saturday for package pickup because i love the fact that USPS allows pickups on saturday

UPSGUY72

Do you have a neighbor that can sign for the package for you? If so leave a note for the UPS driver to deliver to your neighbor they can sign for it.

QKRSTKR

As you already know this is not an option on 42 or A8.

It's a 15 dollar fan. It's either a note 4 or apt./duplex. OP didn't say. I like menotyou 's idea. I delivered a lawn mower from home depot and home depot is a mile down the road. Whatever, job security. :)

menotyou

bella amicizia
The OP didn't read the info notice very well, either way. Doesn't it give a phone number to call to arrange a pick up? Something like, oh I don't know, 1-800-pick-ups?

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Why didn't you just go to Target?

Thats what I dont get sometimes. People order things that can be bought at the store no more then a few miles away.

I understand these types of orders give us work, but why go threw the wait, cost of shipping and unexpected delays or damages. I think people and buisness could save a boat load of money by going out and getting these items on their own. As of now with this so-called economic crash, people still order these things in mass.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
It's a 15 dollar fan. It's either a note 4 or apt./duplex. OP didn't say. I like menotyou 's idea. I delivered a lawn mower from home depot and home depot is a mile down the road. Whatever, job security. :)

I ordered a large tiller from home depot, but it came from their delievery service. I guess if it cost less to ship it threw ups then its own service, so be it.

As for job security, sure why not. But these types of things slow down and cram the system.

Such things as paper towels, cups, tools and many others come threw our system. Such things can be bought elsewhere and probably for a lot cheaper then using any delievery service.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Wen it says a signature is required, what EXACTLY does it say?

On the infonotices there are 4 options.

1. Your written authorization is required to leave the package. If this is the case, sign the back of the notice and we'll leave it.

2. The sender requested a signature at the time of delivery (Someone needs to be home at the time of delivery to sign for it)

3. An adult signature is required (someone over 21 must be home to sign for it in person)

4. You owe a COD in the amount of ____

I highly doubt its the last 2 since you said its just a $14 fan. haha.

Do you live in an apartment complex? if so, you can sign the notice and we'll leave it at your door

iowa boy

Thats what I dont get sometimes. People order things that can be bought at the store no more then a few miles away.

I understand these types of orders give us work, but why go threw the wait, cost of shipping and unexpected delays or damages. I think people and buisness could save a boat load of money by going out and getting these items on their own. As of now with this so-called economic crash, people still order these things in mass.

I love it when our Home Depot or Lowe's ships a toilet, I just look at it and shake my head. But then again, it is job security. :happy-very:

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Sign the back of the info notice.

We can't SDN a signature required package. If it's driver that wants sig then yea sign the back and driver can D.R. MAybe leave side note on were you want package hiding like Rear door or "back of house".

If it's a shipper requesting a signature then you or someone else like a nieghbor need to electronic sign on our diad. If you can't then you could request a will call.

p228

We can't SDN a signature required package. If it's driver that wants sig then yea sign the back and driver can D.R. MAybe leave side note on were you want package hiding like Rear door or "back of house".

If it's a shipper requesting a signature then you or someone else like a nieghbor need to electronic sign on our diad. If you can't then you could request a will call.

It's a $15 fan from Amazon.com, you really think it is a sig. required?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Use your lunch to go to UPS and pick it up. You will have to call and request it be held for pickup. It will not be available for pickup until the day after you call.

helenofcalifornia

Hell no. Just leave a note on the door with your signature on it saying to leave it in back yard or somewhere. Why are we making this harder than it is. And what is A8 or 4? We DR most everything since UPS doesn't want us to have too many send agains. (Obviously, not the high end items) Give this guy a break. DR it. ("driver release it")

Hey Iowa!!!

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Hell no. Just leave a note on the door with your signature on it saying to leave it in back yard or somewhere. Why are we making this harder than it is. And what is A8 or 4? We DR most everything since UPS doesn't want us to have too many send agains. (Obviously, not the high end items) Give this guy a break. DR it. ("driver release it")

Hey Iowa!!!

Around here every negative driver follow up is a write up, next step in progression. I recomend never DR another package

iowa boy

Hey Iowa!!!

Hey Helen, how you doin?