Getting paid for less than half hour over?

somebodiesgot

Sorry wasn't sure how to word this post.
Part-Timer
Say I work 4 hours and 15 minutes, twice a week, would I get 8 and a half hours pay?
Or does UPS cut off that extra 15 minutes?
Or say I work 4 Hours and 20 minutes, would I get paid for the 20 minutes or only 15 or what?

Just curious if anyone could outline this for me.
Thanks.

Today for example I had 5 hours and 37 minutes but I assume i won't get paid for 7 minutes lol.
Not trying to be picky, just wondering.

PT Car Washer

Sorry wasn't sure how to word this post.
Part-Timer
Say I work 4 hours and 15 minutes, twice a week, would I get 8 and a half hours pay?
Or does UPS cut off that extra 15 minutes?
Or say I work 4 Hours and 20 minutes, would I get paid for the 20 minutes or only 15 or what?

Just curious if anyone could outline this for me.
Thanks.

Today for example I had 5 hours and 37 minutes but I assume i won't get paid for 7 minutes lol.
Not trying to be picky, just wondering.
And 37 minutes should be OT at 1 1/2 times your regular rate. Keep track. I know guys that track every minute everyday.

somebodiesgot

And 37 minutes should be OT at 1 1/2 times your regular rate. Keep track. I know guys that track every minute everyday.
I actually work at freight and I don't think this applies to freight? But I don't know. I didn't see anything in the contract about it. My "Scheduled Day" would be 4 hours.

PT Car Washer

OT may not be true for UPS freight but by Federal Labor Law Fright must pay you for every minute you are working. Can't round down for accounting purposes.

somebodiesgot

OT may not be true for UPS freight but by Federal Labor Law Fright must pay you for every minute you are working. Can't round down for accounting purposes.
Well, at my old job you had "7 minutes to clock in and 7 minutes to clock out" aka if you clocked out 7 minutes after your official end time you weren't paid for it. That is why I asked. Thanks for the info.

JL 0513

Well, at my old job you had "7 minutes to clock in and 7 minutes to clock out" aka if you clocked out 7 minutes after your official end time you weren't paid for it. That is why I asked. Thanks for the info.

Interesting. And illegal (for hourly workers). Was wondering why you were asking a question with an obvious answer. Hourly workers cannot have time cards rounded down in 15 minute blocks. It's a shady company if they do that.

somebodiesgot

Interesting. And illegal (for hourly workers). Was wondering why you were asking a question with an obvious answer. Hourly workers cannot have time cards rounded down in 15 minute blocks. It's a shady company if they do that.
Yes this wonderful shady company is the one who laid me off and fortunately I came upon opportunity at UPS because of it, so I kind of thank them.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Somebody should come up with a UPS paid day app. Time in/out, minus lunch/break.
Lol the time card web was fine when they first started using it 4 or 5 years ago....then they decided to lock it so employees couldn't change their own start times. To the OP...keep track of your hours...I don't how it works in freight but in preload...management banks on the fact that most PTers don't pay attention to their hours worked.