Getting paid for Sandy?

Nickfury7

Once they told us that, we all just started to gather our things. My.sup came up to me and said ill make sure they know you were here. Didn't really understand that??

packageguy

I heard if you called and they told you to come to work, and they said no we changed our minds.. you get 4 hours pay... If you just came to work and sent home, no pay act of GOD, NY NJ and areas around State of Emergance...... Just enjoy your day. Better home then working in this.......

menotyou

bella amicizia
In the last contract, we had a supplement for snow emergencies. If they called and caught you at home--no pay. If you made it in and they sent you home---8 hours.

over9five

Staff member
In the last contract, we had a supplement for snow emergencies. If they called and caught you at home--no pay. If you made it in and they sent you home---8 hours.
Way back we reported for work during a snowstorm. Sent us home, and wouldn't pay us. You make the effort to get to work like we're supposed to, you figure they could pay you four hours for your time getting there and back.

UPS guy just pulled up, brb.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Art 53(ny supplement) sect 4 (current contract) pg 180

In cases where severe snowstorms, acts of God, or other unforeseen catastrophes disrupt the operations of the Employer, the daily and weekly guarantees shall not apply provided the Employer notifies the employees in advance not to report to work. Where the Employer fails to notify the employs not to report, employees reporting for work shall receive their contractual guarantee.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Way back we reported for work during a snowstorm. Sent us home, and wouldn't pay us. You make the effort to get to work like we're supposed to, you figure they could pay you four hours for your time getting there and back.

UPS guy just pulled up, brb.
We had a large snowstorm a few years back if u wanted your 8 they said they would find work for you. On day 2 I told them to come get me if they really needed me. Got stuck 3 times in the three miles to my house in 4 wheel drive and broke something on the truck. Delivered 7 stops that day what a waste lol. They said our customers depend on us no matter what. Every customer I saw for those 2 days said ups was stupid to have us out and a few said they would never ship ups again.