Getting rid of older drivers

Hey everyone, I don't know if I am just paranoid or what but it really seems like UPS is doing their best to get rid of senior drivers; comments and ideas are welcome...

Also, has anyone had any luck filing excessive overtime grievances as our union stewart does his best to discourage us from filing and our business agent is pretty much useless...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hey everyone, I don't know if I am just paranoid or what but it really seems like UPS is doing their best to get rid of senior drivers; comments and ideas are welcome...

Also, has anyone had any luck filing excessive overtime grievances as our union stewart does his best to discourage us from filing and our business agent is pretty much useless...

You're not only paranoid but everybody else sucks.
They're coming to take you away.

Napoleon XIV: 'They're coming to take me away' - YouTube

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
WTF is a Union Stewart? stewart.jpg
stewart.jpg

40 and out

They've been harassing our most senior drivers here for a long time. One 57yr old driver had a double knee replacement and when he came back to work he was harassed daily. They told him he was one of the 5 LEAST BEST drivers in the district on over allowed. So much for giving consideration to age and physical condition like our ignored contract says they should. Another 35 yr driver had to be talked out of walking out by other drivers one morning. He couldn't take any more of the daily harassment. Don't know about company as a whole, but its been a policy to harass the most senior drivers here for a long time. Didn't really think they were trying to get them to quit, more used as a message to everyone else. For whatever reason they do it, to treat 35 yr good drivers that are just about to retire anyway this way is just plain wrong.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
They've been harassing our most senior drivers here for a long time. One 57yr old driver had a double knee replacement and when he came back to work he was harassed daily. They told him he was one of the 5 LEAST BEST drivers in the district on over allowed. So much for giving consideration to age and physical condition like our ignored contract says they should. Another 35 yr driver had to be talked out of walking out by other drivers one morning. He couldn't take any more of the daily harassment. Don't know about company as a whole, but its been a policy to harass the most senior drivers here for a long time. Didn't really think they were trying to get them to quit, more used as a message to everyone else. For whatever reason they do it, to treat 35 yr good drivers that are just about to retire anyway this way is just plain wrong.

It has always been a UPS policy to harass the 5 LEAST BEST drivers in the district on over allowed, regardless of age.

40 and out

It has always been a UPS policy to harass the 5 LEAST BEST drivers in the district on over allowed, regardless of age.

Guess we should be upset with union for allowing UPS to blatently violate the age or physical conditon of employee clause in the contract. Guess I could not be a center manager. Don't know how you harass a 57 yr old 35 yr employee with two replacement knees to go faster even if your boss or your bosses boss is making you do it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Guess we should be upset with union for allowing UPS to blatently violate the age or physical conditon of employee clause in the contract. Guess I could not be a center manager. Don't know how you harass a 57 yr old 35 yr employee with two replacement knees to go faster even if your boss or your bosses boss is making you do it.

This is tongue in cheek :whistling

This is tongue out of cheek :tongue_sm

If you come out firing grievances for everything they will go elsewhere. It's the pusillanimous who won't file that give them ammunition to keep doing it. Think about this. Older driver who have thirty years and are fifty years old with their houses paid off and their fianances in order should be leading the charge. These are the guys who should be leading the charge. Think about it

Think outside the box. Ups terrorizes these older driver. These older driver should be thinking man I've put up with this :censored2: for over thirty years. Damm I've helped build this great company with my sore back and all the cuts that have bleed and bruses that still hurt and you want to cut my throat still. Ok I've got thirty I'm fifty and I've got something that's still there. Its called my manhood or womanhood. Then you ask yourself a question am I a man or a woman????Do I deserve to be treated as a human being?? Can I go out like this when I have all my ducks in a row?? You chose