Getting rid of older drivers

40 and out

If the almighty report says you are LEAST BEST(we don't use the word WORST) at anything, you better bet a truckload of harassment is coming your way. Doesn't really matter who you are. Hourly or management.

If the almighty report says you are LEAST BEST(we don't use the word WORST) at anything, you better bet a truckload of harassment is coming your way. Doesn't really matter who you are. Hourly or management.
That's when you need too go into a room by yourself and find your balls. Then make a stand and do the right thing. You someday will want to show your grandchildren what it means to stand up for what is right. Great men have done this since the beginning of time and they didn't even have a guaranteed pension and decades of great pay to load up on a 401k to fall back on.

Last edited:

cino321

If you come out firing grievances for everything they will go elsewhere. It's the pusillanimous who won't file that give them ammunition to keep doing it. Think about this. Older driver who have thirty years and are fifty years old with their houses paid off and their fianances in order should be leading the charge. These are the guys who should be leading the charge. Think about it

Filing is more important for a paper trail in case you ever get terminated.

hembone

If you come out firing grievances for everything they will go elsewhere. It's the pusillanimous who won't file that give them ammunition to keep doing it. Think about this. Older driver who have thirty years and are fifty years old with their houses paid off and their fianances in order should be leading the charge. These are the guys who should be leading the charge. Think about it
That's what I did.

OLD G

I am new to the chat room & guess what? I have been reading the chats and agree with you all. I travel all over to UPS hubs in all states and everyone is experiencing the same issues. I have been and UPS for 35 years and a shop steward for 22 years and I also am a marketing director for an insurance co that has been around since 1910. This insurance company only insures your income in the event of termination or suspension. If you work for UPS you know that UPS is going to do what they want. We need to think outside the box, in this year 2012 - we need to protect our income. If you want a peace of mind- hit me up at **********. Time to protect your income and think about your family in the time of need. Our family is the one that will suffer if or when we are terminated or suspended for any length of time. With this insurance it is very reasonable and if your job is lost permanently -you will be paid weekly up to 1 year. OLD G

Last edited by a moderator: