GFT process

check6ii

Was finally told after 4 days of waiting that I was fired. Will GFT, but wondering how long that process takes. I dont want to throw 16yrs away w/o a fight. Also, if anybody who has successfully got their job back how did you get it accomplished? I have 2 peeps at my station, both couriers who gft'd and were successful.

Thanks in advance.....

vantexan

Was finally told after 4 days of waiting that I was fired. Will GFT, but wondering how long that process takes. I dont want to throw 16yrs away w/o a fight. Also, if anybody who has successfully got their job back how did you get it accomplished? I have 2 peeps at my station, both couriers who gft'd and were successful.

Thanks in advance.....

What happened(without being too specific)? The seriousness of the event, other warning letters in the last year, etc all factor into what will be decided. Sorry to hear this, hope it works out the way you want.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Thanks in advance.....

I've seen the GFT work, and the process can take quite awhile. I know someone who is going through it now, and it's been 3 weeks and counting. The whole problem with the GFT is that management holds all the cards. They are basically making sure that all of their legal bases are covered before they issue a final judgement. I'd get a lawyer if I were you. That usually counts a lot more than this joke of a "grievance process".

Goldilocks

Hope everything works out for you. What happened? GFT could take a few weeks. Goes to the top. I would also hire a lawyer. Hope you are OK....

Damon77

It sucks to lose your job, even you hate. I hope it works out for you. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

I hope everyone on this board realizes what may be coming down the pike for those of us at express. I've got too many coworkers who are whistling past the graveyard, buying brand new vehicles, iPhones, ect.

The storm is coming. You'd better batten down the hatches.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It sucks to lose your job, even you hate. I hope it works out for you. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

I hope everyone on this board realizes what may be coming down the pike for those of us at express. I've got too many coworkers who are whistling past the graveyard, buying brand new vehicles, iPhones, ect.

The storm is coming. You'd better batten down the hatches.

Exactly. If the storm hasn't hit you yet, it will.

bigbird00

GFT.does anyone remember what that is supposed to stand for? Feel like you are on an island,because you are.Depends on what you did.Mercy is gone.Lawyer only helps if you are in a state that does not have a right to work law.Don't look for alot of help from the HR or MGRS.Per the purple policy they can make that say whatever they want and it can take extended amount of time in hopes you will just go away.Good luck soldier.Oh and this is the new Fedex looking for anything to fire couriers.

check6ii

Essentially what happened was I had 3 letters in a year timeframe. The kicker is, 2 of the 3 were trivial reasons. TN. is an at will state-no coincidence freddy boy setup shop here. At will = fired cuz they want to....for anything. This sint a right to work state-where a valid reason is needed....like california. One of the letters was to fall off in 2 weeks. The 3rd and final letter was supposedly from a customer complaint-

The reality is october is here. The plan is in motion. Im 16yrs with the company and soon to be 52 years old. I cant remember as a full timer, the last time I got 40hrs. Let alone, 35hrs. Usually it was abt 30hrs if that. Employees such as me are going to get cut like bacon-cuz WE ARE BACON. The goal is to have nothing but part time paid 10bux an hr getting 20 hrs and pt benefits. If your case is like mine, YER HEAD IS ON THE BLOCK. Its coming. Itll go by seniority. With 16yrs, I was in the LOWER 2/3 of the seniority ladder!!

Im going to work for Swift and use my CDL and go over the road. Ill be away for sometimes 3 days, but I will double my income-be my own boss and see alot of this beautiful country. I have a great wife, who is supportive. I have a beautiful home which we built together. Nothing we have was the result of my sweat while at FedEx.

I encourage folks to wake up and smell the roses. Make a move while you can. This ship is going down. Nothing is going to keep it afloat. Welcome to the new FedEx era-

Peace.....BE NICE TO EACH OTHER. DONT LET A ****TY COMPANY MAKE YOU SOUR-

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Definitely sorry to hear this man. I too have considered going OTR trucking, good money, see the country, etc... but I have small kids so I guess that's out. And what really sucks is, (and MFE don't blow it for me..lol) I've always wanted to drive a truck because of Convoy, Smokey and the Bandit and BJ and the Bear.

Lordtekk

Essentially what happened was I had 3 letters in a year timeframe. The kicker is, 2 of the 3 were trivial reasons. TN. is an at will state-no coincidence freddy boy setup shop here. At will = fired cuz they want to....for anything. This sint a right to work state-where a valid reason is needed....like california. One of the letters was to fall off in 2 weeks. The 3rd and final letter was supposedly from a customer complaint-

The reality is october is here. The plan is in motion. Im 16yrs with the company and soon to be 52 years old. I cant remember as a full timer, the last time I got 40hrs. Let alone, 35hrs. Usually it was abt 30hrs if that. Employees such as me are going to get cut like bacon-cuz WE ARE BACON. The goal is to have nothing but part time paid 10bux an hr getting 20 hrs and pt benefits. If your case is like mine, YER HEAD IS ON THE BLOCK. Its coming. Itll go by seniority. With 16yrs, I was in the LOWER 2/3 of the seniority ladder!!

Im going to work for Swift and use my CDL and go over the road. Ill be away for sometimes 3 days, but I will double my income-be my own boss and see alot of this beautiful country. I have a great wife, who is supportive. I have a beautiful home which we built together. Nothing we have was the result of my sweat while at FedEx.

I encourage folks to wake up and smell the roses. Make a move while you can. This ship is going down. Nothing is going to keep it afloat. Welcome to the new FedEx era-

Peace.....BE NICE TO EACH OTHER. DONT LET A ****TY COMPANY MAKE YOU SOUR-
Customer complaint ? You got a letter for that ? Was it recorded ? Any Video ? Fight this,make sure you get a copy of the actually policy that you violated,study it memorize and see if they did everything to the letter.

GoodGrief

GFT.does anyone remember what that is supposed to stand for? Feel like you are on an island,because you are.Depends on what you did.Mercy is gone.Lawyer only helps if you are in a state that does not have a right to work law.Don't look for alot of help from the HR or MGRS.Per the purple policy they can make that say whatever they want and it can take extended amount of time in hopes you will just go away.Good luck soldier.Oh and this is the new Fedex looking for anything to fire couriers.

Guaranteed Fair Treatment.

Sorry about your job and good luck!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Definitely sorry to hear this man. I too have considered going OTR trucking, good money, see the country, etc... but I have small kids so I guess that's out. And what really sucks is, (and MFE don't blow it for me..lol) I've always wanted to drive a truck because of Convoy, Smokey and the Bandit and BJ and the Bear.

OK, I won't tell you about Greg Evigan and the monkey.

Out of the Dark

When you file your GFT give them as little information as possible. If you can blindside them, all the better. Don't give up any info you may have gathered, this only gives them time to stack the deck against you. In other words, be vague but to the point.

check6ii

Customer complaint ? You got a letter for that ? Was it recorded ? Any Video ? Fight this,make sure you get a copy of the actually policy that you violated,study it memorize and see if they did everything to the letter.

Nope-Im done. Piss on 'em. Tired of working for a company like Fed Ex Express. On to better pastures

Bailey4

I am glad you were able to find a new job. If you are not going to GFT....I would be interested in knowing the type of trivial things they got you for as it might be a heads up for the rest of us. At any rate, best of luck to you

check6ii

I am glad you were able to find a new job. If you are not going to GFT....I would be interested in knowing the type of trivial things they got you for as it might be a heads up for the rest of us. At any rate, best of luck to you

Depending on your state, they can fire you for no reason. Tennessee is a "as fit" state. California is not. They can fire you for any stupid small insignifigant reason they want. A cust. complained I threw a pkg.....which I DID NOT. Fred EX sided with the customer-so he could get a refund. The pkg was a fedex envelope. MGMT wanted me gone. I could easily GFT and win, but as my atty said....."do you REALLY want to work for them"????????

Answer......NOPE

Lordtekk

Depending on your state, they can fire you for no reason. Tennessee is a "as fit" state. California is not. They can fire you for any stupid small insignifigant reason they want. A cust. complained I threw a pkg.....which I DID NOT. Fred EX sided with the customer-so he could get a refund. The pkg was a fedex envelope. MGMT wanted me gone. I could easily GFT and win, but as my atty said....."do you REALLY want to work for them"????????

Answer......NOPE
Not really,they do not do that in all 50 states so those laws do not have any effect on us. If it were policy that would be different but it's not.