Ghost Packages

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Every once in awhile I'll catch a shipper sending out multiple packages with one 1Z. The last one was an RS NDA (5 pkgs). They were lab packs and the cutomer hadn't received new shipping labels so the customer copied them.

What I do in a case like this is prerecord each one of them and then hit dup com for all but one of them.

barnyard

KTM rider
What I do in a case like this is prerecord each one of them and then hit dup com for all but one of them.

I tell the shipper, "You know if one of these are lost, you will be out of luck, right??? All we have to do is deliver one of them, the rest could be gone forever and it would not matter because we have a scan the shows delivered with a signature."

packageguy

We Love Logistics!

May 18, turned out to be a interesting day. Our center had over 70 ghost pkgs.

All of these packages were in our DIADS in EDD. I arrived at one stop EDD said I had 2+4 I had the 4 Ground but no Air. Turns out I was missing 6 pkgs throughout the day.

I tracked all of them on my lunch and the results for each were as follows:

2 of them were voided and never sent.
2 of them were created but never tendered to UPS for shipping.
1 of them was a Smart Post Delivered to New Orleans LA Post Office some 2500
miles from my location.
1 Left a hub and was scheduled for delivery the next day.

Bizzarro World or what?

I thought the only way packages could be in EDD was if they were spa'd in by preload with a physical scan of the pkg.

Figure that out LOGISTICS team!

I asked my center manager manager that question this morning , he said no way the only thing in edd is what is scanned, He did say sometimes there are duplicated lables.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The clerks put them in will call after I bring them back as NI1 when the customer calls in later. Why doesn't this remove them from my EDD?

We are instructed to void the original stop (NI1) and re sheet as Will Call, Alternate Delivery or whatever. Just did it today.

Re-Raise

We are instructed to void the original stop (NI1) and re sheet as Will Call, Alternate Delivery or whatever. Just did it today.

While you are still on route? The problem we seem to be having is when the customer comes home to find the delivery notice and calls in to have the package held the next day after the driver has punched out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

While you are still on route? The problem we seem to be having is when the customer comes home to find the delivery notice and calls in to have the package held the next day after the driver has punched out.

Unless you put it in the DIAD as Will Call it will be in your EDD the folllowing day.

ups1990

You go to a stop and find only 2 of 3 packages, the next day the boss hands a missed scan report with your name on it. You go again to the same delivery stop and there's the package, but you notice that its been re-wrapped by UPS. UPS, automatically assumes the driver burned the delivery.