Gitmo trials to resume...gitmo to stay open

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Funny how things are going back to the way they were...

Obama Brings Back Military Trials at Guantanamo Bay

President Obama announced Monday that military trials will resume for detainees at the Guantanamo Bay prison camp, saying the tribunals are an "important tool in combating international terrorists."
The president, who issued an executive order outlining the changes Monday afternoon, said Defense Secretary Robert Gates will rescind his January 2009 ban against bringing new charges against terror suspects in the military commissions.
Obama said in a statement that the decision was part of a plan to "broaden our ability to bring terrorists to justice."
Obama vowed when he took office to close the detention facility at Guantanamo, but officials have recently acknowledged that closure is not likely because of questions about where terror suspects would be held.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The GITMO detainees were a major NIMBY problem. Perhaps you'd like one in your local prison? I like your tag line quoting Liddy, a babbling psychotic if ever there was one. Ever hear his rant on "white phosphorus"? *

Last edited by a moderator:
The GITMO detainees were a major NIMBY problem. Perhaps you'd like one in your local prison? I like your tag line quoting Liddy, a babbling psychotic if ever there was one. Ever hear his rant on "white phosphorus"? He's sick in the head, so I can see why you admire him so much.
You flip-flopping hypocrite. 0bama made the promise to close Gitmo to garner even more support from people like you that doesn't have enough foresight to know that this would create a NIMBY problem. The conservative pundits were adamant about it, repeatedly. Not only is he not going to close Gitmo, he is reinstating the evil tribunals that he said were ohhhh sooo wrong. He's even starting to call the terrorists ...terrorists. OMG!! next thing ya know he's gonna go back to water boarding.

If anyone should take the Gitmo detainees it should be YOU and the uber left that rallied to the "Closing of Gitmo". before the elections.

island1fox

It should be very obvious by now that President Obama is incompetant.
Obama care has now given over 1000 exemptions ---Obama claimed Bush Tax cuts were an economic disaster ---Obama demanded deadlines for the wars --today no end in sight---Gitmo would be closed ---Gitmo remains open --civilian trials ---Military tribunals resume --- Oil drilling offshore --no off drilling offshore --drilling off shore.
Told us gas prices would spike as per plan --now talking about using emergency supply to bring gas price down ???
Not who --but what is Obama ??

packageguy

As far as I'm concerned, put them all on a bus, and let it off the side of the cliff. now there is no more problems and and more lies.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It should be very obvious by now that President Obama is incompetant.
Obama care has now given over 1000 exemptions ---Obama claimed Bush Tax cuts were an economic disaster ---Obama demanded deadlines for the wars --today no end in sight---Gitmo would be closed ---Gitmo remains open --civilian trials ---Military tribunals resume --- Oil drilling offshore --no off drilling offshore --drilling off shore.
Told us gas prices would spike as per plan --now talking about using emergency supply to bring gas price down ???
Not who --but what is Obama ??

You are "incompetant" (sic). See if you can figure-out why.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You flip-flopping hypocrite. 0bama made the promise to close Gitmo to garner even more support from people like you that doesn't have enough foresight to know that this would create a NIMBY problem. The conservative pundits were adamant about it, repeatedly. Not only is he not going to close Gitmo, he is reinstating the evil tribunals that he said were ohhhh sooo wrong. He's even starting to call the terrorists ...terrorists. OMG!! next thing ya know he's gonna go back to water boarding.

If anyone should take the Gitmo detainees it should be YOU and the uber left that rallied to the "Closing of Gitmo". before the elections.

Did I apologize for Obama on Gitmo? No. I agree that he broke his promise to close it. A big part of the reason was that nobody wanted them (NIMBY). An explanantion, not an excuse. The reality is that he blew it. Unlike you, I'm not glued to the talking points.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
nimby ?
The only place he tried to hold trials was in NYC.
Please explain how stupid that move was.
I'll give you a hint....security details.

Did I apologize for Obama on Gitmo? No. I agree that he broke his promise to close it. A big part of the reason was that nobody wanted them (NIMBY). An explanantion, not an excuse. The reality is that he blew it. Unlike you, I'm not glued to the talking points.
Yea he blew it, just like he did health care and just about everything he said he would do right, when Bush was doing it wrong. You've raged on here about the evil Bush Admin. in nearly every post and how stupid Bush was/is. Now that your guy is doing the same things....ahhh he blew it.