Give Ayers a break sez FED OFFICIAL!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Fed Who Prosecuted William Ayers Says We Should GIVE IT A REST.

« H E » Elections :: Nation :: email
posted 10-13-08
Excerpt LA Times report "Former federal prosecutor decries William Ayers link ":
One of the more unusual voices to emerge in the clamor over the character attacks in the presidential race belongs to William C. Ibershof, a former federal prosecutor who now lives near San Francisco.

In 1973, Ibershof tried to put William Ayers, a founding member of the Weather Underground, in prison for an alleged conspiracy to bomb political targets. Ayers, now an education professor in Chicago, has become a fixture in John McCain's attempt to raise doubts about Barack Obama.
Obama met Ayers when the former radical hosted an event to introduce Obama at the start of his political career. The two have served together on boards, but are not close.

"It seemed manifestly unfair to tar him with this association," Ibershof said in a telephone interview this weekend from his home in Mill Valley. "Sen. Obama had known Ayers during a period he was named Citizen of the Year in Chicago, not when he was committing those terrorist acts."

brett636

''I don't regret setting bombs,'' Bill Ayers said. ''I feel we didn't do enough.''

Sounds like someone I would want to associate with. :rolleyes:

yeah, it was WAY back, what a months or so ago, when Ayers said he didn't regret setting bombs and that he didn't so enough?
That;s my kind of hero.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Fed Who Prosecuted William Ayers Says We Should GIVE IT A REST.
"Sen. Obama had known Ayers during a period he was named Citizen of the Year in Chicago, not when he was committing those terrorist acts."

Maybe OJ should move to Chicago ...
I see a citizen of the Year in his future.
Agree on Obama though...that is a major stretch to associate Obama with Ayers.

Maybe OJ should move to Chicago ...
I see a citizen of the Year in his future.
Agree on Obama though...that is a major stretch to associate Obama with Ayers.
I'm not so sure it is all that tough of a stretch. It has been mentioned, by whom I do not know, that Obama had said at one point that Ayers would make a good official in the public education area. At the time I heard it, I discounted it as " Surely Obama has better sense than that", but ya know, O has said many things lately that would make be believe that he thinks he is made of Teflon.