Give Fred a Wonderful Peak Present

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sounds good to me. The hour break deal is a directive, not policy. This means that FedEx can waive it when they want to, like like during peak, or when there is late freight etc. As usual, always on their terms. I would also stand behind taking a full hour, and bringing back even more DEX 01s.

​Which policy would this directive be derived from?

Doc Sorting Dude

As the time change nears, I still can't get used to delivering in the dark. We are risking our lives out there and we don't get get compensated for that wonderful time of year. FDX doesn't even supply us flashlights and batteries. It's clearer why SO resi's commit times were moved to 1900 hrs, They want you to out there as long as possible after clearing all your businesses and pups. Some Ground and HD drivers already have helpers can't say I've ever had one for Express.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
As the time change nears, I still can't get used to delivering in the dark. We are risking our lives out there and we don't get get compensated for that wonderful time of year. FDX doesn't even supply us flashlights and batteries.

Gee whiz, they went to all the trouble and expense of putting those reflective stripes on your jacket and pants pockets. And now you're asking for flashlights and batteries? What are you trying to do - bankrupt this company? You want to see Fred out panhandling on the streets of Memphis?... of all the nerve

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Guess who the one party left out of discussions about ISPs will be? That would be the ISPs themselves. It will be decided in Memphis and Pittsburgh, and you will have zero meaningful input.

Well Scam, time for you and your other ISP's to start filling out union cards. Ha.

bbsam

Staff member
Guess who the one party left out of discussions about ISPs will be? That would be the ISPs themselves. It will be decided in Memphis and Pittsburgh, and you will have zero meaningful input.

Why would I care? If peak doesn't bring in extra revenue, it's very much business as usual. I'm not adding drivers and I probably won't drive either.

bbsam

Staff member
Well Scam, time for you and your other ISP's to start filling out union cards. Ha.

Why? I have an easy peak ahead of me. I make good money. Only the HD contractors who have to double their workforce for a month get a raw deal. I'll do just fine.

STFXG

Why? I have an easy peak ahead of me. I make good money. Only the HD contractors who have to double their workforce for a month get a raw deal. I'll do just fine.

You aren't going to take HD diversion!? But if you are over your peak thresholds you are going to be raking it in! No need for HD package bonus this year with how much you'll make over your thresholds per stop! ;)

dezguy

As the time change nears, I still can't get used to delivering in the dark. We are risking our lives out there and we don't get get compensated for that wonderful time of year. FDX doesn't even supply us flashlights and batteries. It's clearer why SO resi's commit times were moved to 1900 hrs, They want you to out there as long as possible after clearing all your businesses and pups. Some Ground and HD drivers already have helpers can't say I've ever had one for Express.

Flashlights with batteries?!?! We had a rash of dog bites a few years ago. When a bunch of us asked for dog mace to defend ourselves, we were told the cost was too high. Just allow yourself to get bitten. Your safety isn't worth the cost of a can of dog mace.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
Absolutely. Nothing wrong with that. I'm just not going to pile it on my drivers to make an extra $1000 for the month. The company wants people to hire more drivers for peak. It isn't worth it. I'd have to bring them in today and hope I could.get them up to speed by peak and hope I make my money back. One bad snow storm or a couple tow bills out of the ditch can easily kill the entire additional profit foe the month.

Imagine a wreck, 50 DNA's, countless claims for pkgs left in hallways, etc...

dvalleyjim

I sold my FedEx ground business in 2012. I saw that the ISP wasn't going to be profitable and it seemed to me FedEx would have more control over my business, so as soon as I got a good offer I took it. I was happy with the sale price. Got mostly cash with 10 mo. of payments. I have since moved across country and work for home delivery as a driver in a resort community. I must say I love it. After being a contractor for 18yrs this has been like a vacation. The money stinks but I don't need much to live on these days. When the contractors talk to me about ISP it makes me feel glad I got out.