Glad I'm out of this Part2

M I Indy

We see court cases won, lost, appealled, reversed and affirmed.

We see the effects of purposely vague law and the interpretations from the bench that result from that vagueness.

That's what we see.

With the company? Please support with cases, facts etc. Tell of this success they been finding, where is it, with whom, that it's not just your "feeling".

bbsam

Staff member
With the company? Please support with cases, facts etc. Tell of this success they been finding, where is it, with whom, that it's not just your "feeling".
So you are saying that X has been sued all these times over the years, lost all of them, lost every appeal, has never had a favorable ruling and STILL they continue on with the same business model? You really believe that?

bbsam

Staff member
The difference is you probably got your routes for free, these guys are being forced to buy and it's sad to say a lot of them are not capable of running these larger scams.
True. But ISP is not new now. There's a lot of info out there and no reason for people to be running in with eyes wide shut.

It will be fine

So you are saying that X has been sued all these times over the years, lost all of them, lost every appeal, has never had a favorable ruling and STILL they continue on with the same business model? You really believe that?
The filing I linked in the other thread cites several cases where a ruling was made in favor of appropriate contractor status.

bacha29

Guys Maybe I can sum it up this way. I got into this just few years after Roadway Package System was created. Not long after that I bounced a mid level executive about the terms of the operating agreeement being so overshifted in the company's favor. He took me outside to the parking lot where no one could hear us and said, " Look, this company does not consider any part of the operating agreement to be binding upon itself". When I questioned him further he said,"Can you identify for me the governing legal authority. with the power to make it binding'? He went on to point out that while there is arbitration the company reserves the exclusive right to decide who will be seated on the panel, meaning to say that the contractor has no chance to win. A year or so later a manager
summed it up this way. " I admit it, it's a rotten deal. The worst I've ever seen in all the years I been in this business. but you signed. I am going to tell you how to survive. Keep borrowed money to a minimum and limit your exposure to risk and to variable costs to only that which you cannot avoid". That's howI survived all those years.Mr. it will be fine needs to lok up the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals 2014 ruling on CA and OR contractors. THe 7th Circuit Court of Appeals Ruling and the appeals it has before them to rule on and the 11th Circuit Court ruling in in Florida.Now these rulings only apply from 1999-2009 However the plaintiffs attorneys are clearly making headway and according to what they are saying are building a strong foundation for a challenge involving 2010 and succeeding years.

bbsam

Staff member
Guys Maybe I can sum it up this way. I got into this just few years after Roadway Package System was created. Not long after that I bounced a mid level executive about the terms of the operating agreeement being so overshifted in the company's favor. He took me outside to the parking lot where no one could hear us and said, " Look, this company does not consider any part of the operating agreement to be binding upon itself". When I questioned him further he said,"Can you identify for me the governing legal authority. with the power to make it binding'? He went on to point out that while there is arbitration the company reserves the exclusive right to decide who will be seated on the panel, meaning to say that the contractor has no chance to win. A year or so later a manager
summed it up this way. " I admit it, it's a rotten deal. The worst I've ever seen in all the years I been in this business. but you signed. I am going to tell you how to survive. Keep borrowed money to a minimum and limit your exposure to risk and to variable costs to only that which you cannot avoid". That's howI survived all those years.Mr. it will be fine needs to lok up the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals 2014 ruling on CA and OR contractors. THe 7th Circuit Court of Appeals Ruling and the appeals it has before them to rule on and the 11th Circuit Court ruling in in Florida.Now these rulings only apply from 1999-2009 However the plaintiffs attorneys are clearly making headway and according to what they are saying are building a strong foundation for a challenge involving 2010 and succeeding years.
So the company is illegally getting people to sign bad deals with them?

Bounty

True. But ISP is not new now. There's a lot of info out there and no reason for people to be running in with eyes wide shut.
They are running in blind, actually being forced into buying routes that they really don't want to buy. Most of my terminal was not up to scale, so it's chaos.

bbsam

Staff member
They are running in blind, actually being forced into buying routes that they really don't want to buy. Most of my terminal was not up to scale, so it's chaos.
Odd. We went through it 4 years ago and while the deal ISN'T what we thought, none were by any means forced in.

Bounty

Odd. We went through it 4 years ago and while the deal ISN'T what we thought, none were by any means forced in.
I figured you would not understand. Example: if you bought 2 scams a couple of years ago, and it cost you over 200k, your stuck in the middle. Sell and lose most of your $ or buy more scams and eventually lose more $. You would not understand because you were handed all your routes for free.

bbsam

Staff member
I figured you would not understand. Example: if you bought 2 scams a couple of years ago, and it cost you over 200k, your stuck in the middle. Sell and lose most of your $ or buy more scams and eventually lose more $. You would not understand because you were handed all your routes for free.
For free? No. I hired and paid the drivers...WHEN NOBODY ELSE WAS INTERESTED.