Glad I'm out of this Part2

It will be fine

Yes they get paid sick time. Yes they get paid bereavement time. I don't recall saying fedex would increase revenue if the drivers became teamsters.
How long did you stick around after missing your father's funeral? How many more years did you give fedex?

It will be fine

"FXG and FXG unilaterally decides who was qualified to drive my truck despite the fact that I would be paying his/her wages."
Right there makes it not your business. Case closed!!!
We've been over this before Bounty. Does being wrong really excite you for some reason?

bacha29

Dude ,they have you so brain washed that you actually believe that the bad treatment and bad experiences I endured and witnessed will never happen to you and you may be right because those who came before you are the ones who had to endure the same bad treatment and same long hours and years of econmic uncertainty. And I'm sure that if they knew that they would be followed by some of the most ungrateful S.O.B.'s a person could ever have the displease of meeting, yourself included then believe me whether it's the easy way or the hard way you and the others will respect those who came before and what they had to endure despite your obvious and complete absence of the character qualities needed to do so.

Bounty

Dude ,they have you so brain washed that you actually believe that the bad treatment and bad experiences I endured and witnessed will never happen to you and you may be right because those who came before you are the ones who had to endure the same bad treatment and same long hours and years of econmic uncertainty. And I'm sure that if they knew that they would be followed by some of the most ungrateful S.O.B.'s a person could ever have the displease of meeting, yourself included then believe me whether it's the easy way or the hard way you and the others will respect those who came before and what they had to endure despite your obvious and complete absence of the character qualities needed to do so.
Bacha, don't let this guy get you worked up.
He will eventually learn the lessons we have. He's just arrogant and pompous.

It will be fine

Are you an MFE alt? No good argument so you go to personal attacks. You only put in a handful of years more than me. The difference is I took the opportunity and built a real company. I have never expected FedEx to take care of me. I don't cry when they act like a soulless corporation, because that's what they are. They exist to increase profit for their shareholders, not hold my hand when I have issues in my personal life. If I stop being productive they'll move on as they should. You need to wear big boy pants to thrive here.

bacha29

IWB friend Glad to see that the rose colored glasses are finally starting to come off. That's my whole point all along. You finally admited that preserving shareholder equity will always come first and it can come at the expense of contractor equity and I'm proud of the fact that the ruthlessness of the whose boots you lick is starting to create a sense of doubt and suspicion of an alterative motive in that brain washed little mind of yours.Call yours a compnay if you wish but never lose sight of the fact that that it is totally subjugated to the absolute will and power of a company many many times larger than yours and it not you will decide your company's fate. In light of that cold hard reality will you please identify the specific autonmy that serves to identify you as an independent contractor? Survive in your area? An area where your tires never come in contact with an unpaved surface? I think I would do just fine given that I come from an area that required me to introduce the company's first specially built 4 wheel drive van that took a year to build and was given approval to bring in a surplus U.S. Army deuce and a half and went out on mornings with temperatures as low as 34 below zero. That's the difference between you and me. I never made somebody go somewhere or do something I wouldn't do myself or expect them to live on a compensation for their hard work that I wouldn't live on myself.

It will be fine

IWB friend Glad to see that the rose colored glasses are finally starting to come off. That's my whole point all along. You finally admited that preserving shareholder equity will always come first and it can come at the expense of contractor equity and I'm proud of the fact that the ruthlessness of the whose boots you lick is starting to create a sense of doubt and suspicion of an alterative motive in that brain washed little mind of yours.Call yours a compnay if you wish but never lose sight of the fact that that it is totally subjugated to the absolute will and power of a company many many times larger than yours and it not you will decide your company's fate. In light of that cold hard reality will you please identify the specific autonmy that serves to identify you as an independent contractor? Survive in your area? An area where your tires never come in contact with an unpaved surface? I think I would do just fine given that I come from an area that required me to introduce the company's first specially built 4 wheel drive van that took a year to build and was given approval to bring in a surplus U.S. Army deuce and a half and went out on mornings with temperatures as low as 34 below zero. That's the difference between you and me. I never made somebody go somewhere or do something I wouldn't do myself or expect them to live on a compensation for their hard work that I wouldn't live on myself.
You make a lot of presumptions about me. You are usually wrong. I can and have done every job in my company. I did it for much less money than I pay now. Stop acting like your failure to expand your company is because of your overwhelming concern for the people that would have worked for you. Done properly drivers are treated with much more respect than SWA contractors. My crew is testament to that fact.
As for autonomy, it's been covered before. I decide how many people to hire, how many trucks roll any given day, how the routes are engineered, etc. I don't have to report to anyone or clear my schedule through anyone. If I don't go to the terminal for a few weeks I don't need to justify it to anyone. I can buy and sell service rights to other areas. These are things that a typical employee cannot do.
You mistake the ability to see the potential for profit as "rose colored glasses" for FedEx. Everyone that contracts with them knows exactly who they're dealing with. Some of us just understand there is money to be made here.

instiches

Good luck finding a perfect business where everything works in your favor and you will never have to make compromises.

The moral of the story is that you couldn't figure it out. Some people are able to. Partnering with a 45 billion dollar company has its benefits, but that comes with a price.

Bounty

Good luck finding a perfect business where everything works in your favor and you will never have to make compromises.

The moral of the story is that you couldn't figure it out. Some people are able to. Partnering with a 45 billion dollar company has its benefits, but that comes with a price.
And eventually you will pay a huge price.

bacha29

Thanks Bounty.Because the region of the country we operated in an expansive, mountainous, poorly accessible sparsely populated
and appalling depressed rural area our imputs were way off standard relative to the formula used to determine oue rates due to conditions found in an area such as ours including taking a 21st century business model and operate it using a 19th century road and bridge system thousands of miles of rural mail carrier miles not factored in, The industrial engineer who set up the routes came to me and said" What does RD stand for?". No surprise because he was from downtown Manhatten. Never factored it in. I said to him, " Mike, RD stands for rural delivery. With us it will stand for rightfully delayed because you never bothered to factor in the RD miles. This is why all 4 Day 1 guys never added routes so when a new route came up we gave it to the new guybecause this way what he got out it, he could keep. Infact when we began 911 was only in the city, GPS mapping was still in early development All we had was the RD address format and the RD maps were the exclusive domain and property of the U.S.Postal Service. Talk about flying blind. There simply wasn't enough money in that added route to make it attractive. If fact when the last Day 1 guy walked out the door for the final time the TM walked out the door for the final time right behind him. When Mr. IWBF talks about wearing "big boy pants" I would love for him to be out there with me after dark in the winter time crawling around some logging trail or climbing our way up through an abandoned strip mine and don't forget everybody's favorite gas line right of ways rest assured his big boy pants would be filled to the brim with what normally meets it's final destiny in the bathroom. But that's were the stops were. He probaly could't even get out and lock in the hubs so we'll just leave Mr.IWBF in his sheltered little world bathing in all the glory he can manufacture for himself.

It will be fine

My God you ramble on. So you had hard to find rural deliveries? I think most of the country has those. I'm sure it's so difficult that they just shut down FedEx Ground service now that you left. You are indispensable no doubt.
The thing is had you built a real company you could have trained new drivers and given them the treatment you were lacking. Treatment like time off coverage, protection from FedEx corporate. Instead you doomed them to your same fate, praying they avoided injury so their contract wouldn't be terminated. You're such a great guy for that.

Bounty

My God you ramble on. So you had hard to find rural deliveries? I think most of the country has those. I'm sure it's so difficult that they just shut down FedEx Ground service now that you left. You are indispensable no doubt.
The thing is had you built a real company you could have trained new drivers and given them the treatment you were lacking. Treatment like time off coverage, protection from FedEx corporate. Instead you doomed them to your same fate, praying they avoided injury so their contract wouldn't be terminated. You're such a great guy for that.
I don't believe you are a contractor. There is know way anyone could have this kind of blind love for any job. Even bbsam says something intelligent once in a while. I really think you are a fedex corporate talking head.

Either way a fedex employee!!!!

bacha29

You say that most of the country like that. Is your area like that? If not then what do you think gives you the right to make judgements regarding operating in that type of environment? Like wise given that do not offer a benefit package that is anywhere close to industry standards then what do you think gives you the right to offer comment on employee security? Sure I took people out with me on the route but they didn't like coming in at 7AM and not getting back until 9PM or later every night and that's no lie . That's rural work for you. I laugh at your previous comments. You don't hire drivers. The company hires drivers you just pay them. If they don't show up for work they call you. If they get in a wreck, they call you. You did not create your company. It was created for you and you control nothing of substance that doesn't require Fedex approval. Oh,sure there's money to made if you can get away with a compensation package that's below industry average. That's the only advanatge you got. The average UPS driver gets $36.00 an hour plus a defined benefit pension plan that will pay a guy with 30
years of service almost $ 4,000 a month Are you paying your guys $36.00 and ? hour. Are you contributing to a pension plan that pays that much a month? You are simply not putting out the dollars needed to give credence to to the things you keep bragging about.

It will be fine

You do know that UPS is not industry average right?
I've run rural areas, 15 min drive time between stops, the point being you and your area were not special.
If my company was created for me where's yours?

It will be fine

I don't believe you are a contractor. There is know way anyone could have this kind of blind love for any job. Even bbsam says something intelligent once in a while. I really think you are a fedex corporate talking head.

It's not blind love, it's just most of the points against FedEx posted here are borderline idiotic. I enjoy mocking stupidity.

Bounty

It's not blind love, it's just most of the points against FedEx posted here are borderline idiotic. I enjoy mocking stupidity.
Uber drivers were just given class action status and they are much more independent than you. It's not as clear cut as you think. You maybe the idiot in the end!

OUMick

Bounty when you get away from your route, I hope you go to work for someone. If not, you will be in shock to how little control you have of your own business. I don't care what business it is. You don't have control. Your customer(s) does/do. You might long for the certainty of a large company having work for your employees everyday. The times when you wake in the middle of the night wondering if you will have enough for the week so you actually make some money has to be better than complaining Fedex has to approve the driver you want.

The real world of business ownership isn't all roses. A bit more autonomy means you don't have the assurances you had with Fedex. The price you pay for having Fedex may be high but it's a hell of lot cheaper than paying employees when you aren't making money.

overflowed

You shouldn't say that, he even pays bereavement. Not cool Bounty.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
....and don't forget everybody's favorite gas line right of ways rest assured his big boy pants would be filled to the brim with what normally meets it's final destiny in the bathroom..
Oh yes yes! - those are technically referred to as massive stinkies.